PDA

View Full Version : How many houses?

jklawncare
03-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Hello everyone..i was wondering if any of you new if there was an easier way to know how many houses are within a certain area. I tried using google but just got frustrated. Im making flyers for the new season tomorrow and needed to know if i need to make more than i expected. I plan on going a bit farther out than in the beginning

Would it be easier just to mail them out?

I dont have a large budget so im afraid thats not an option.

There door hangers btw. so 2 per page.

Thanks! JK Lawn Care

Cutting Edge Landscape
03-10-2010, 12:10 AM
I bought a commerical printer on craigslist for 60.00 and office depot pape @ 17.00 or and printed 500 which made 1,000 flyers for under 100.00. The ink in the printer will print 3 cases of paper and to refill the ink is 45.00 so idk craigslist sure helped me save alot. Also kinkos cut them for under 5.00

Hope this helps you out good luck
Jacob

Steve
03-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Why not just to a test run at first of a couple hundred. Go out and distribute them. See how it goes and how you feel about it. Afterwards, compare the area you hit with the flyers to an overhead map and that will give you a better idea of how many more flyers you will need.

jklawncare
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I took the long way out ahaha i wrote the roads with the number of houses on them..and added the numbers up off of google maps. haah it takes some time but even if you dont count accurately it gives you a real good estimate

Steve
03-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Keep us posted on how all this turns out.

racerdude711
03-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I use my county assorsor website. It shows what houses are assessed at in different neighborhoods, and when you search a specific neighborhood, it will also give the number homes within it.

Steve
03-12-2010, 04:09 AM
That is a great idea! When you find that information, how do you utilize it to make it work for you?

big b
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
I bought a commerical printer on craigslist for 60.00 and office depot pape @ 17.00 or and printed 500 which made 1,000 flyers for under 100.00. The ink in the printer will print 3 cases of paper and to refill the ink is 45.00 so idk craigslist sure helped me save alot. Also kinkos cut them for under 5.00

Hope this helps you out good luck
Jacob

If you are printing flyers for 1000@$100 wow that .10 ea
Iam getting a print shop to print up 25,000 = thats .04 ea and its 8 1/2 x 11 sheets full color prints

Fresh Cut
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone..i was wondering if any of you new if there was an easier way to know how many houses are within a certain area. I tried using google but just got frustrated. Im making flyers for the new season tomorrow and needed to know if i need to make more than i expected. I plan on going a bit farther out than in the beginning

Would it be easier just to mail them out?

I dont have a large budget so im afraid thats not an option.

There door hangers btw. so 2 per page.

Thanks! JK Lawn Care

Be warned man, the return on door hangers is 1 out of 100. If you're on a budget that is the worst way to go IMO.

I did that for a couple years until I figured it wasn't giving me the results I wanted.

With that said, the best money I have spent so far on advertising is getting some 18" x 24" yard signs from www.supercheapsigns.com. I got 100 for $250, it comes out to $2.50 per sign. Mine are front and back, one color.

If you get them...........THEY WILL CALL.

Steve
03-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Very nice sign.

In another post we were talking about whether you should include a price in your marketing or not.

Can you give us a little insight as to why you didn't include a price?

jklawncare
03-15-2010, 04:15 PM
steve my door hangers have the this is how much a basic mow would cost you box

can you post the link to the forum so i can read up?
i was thinking about changing it but i kinda like the idea

jklawncare
03-15-2010, 04:17 PM
also im making about 2,000 flyers and it only costs me paper.

I designed it all myself and im giving half to my mom and half to my dad to print in their offices before anyone gets there