PDA

View Full Version : New to Gopher Forum

ChicopeeLawnCare
03-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Hello,

I have worked for a large company for 3 year as an accountant (its not as lucrative as one might think). I have since needed a way to earn more. I have a lot of experience in lawn care as i worked with a local landscaping company throughout high school and college along with taking care of my parents lawn for the better part of 10 years, which always looks the best on the block. I just figured if i have the skills to provide a quality service why not use them. I'm only 26 years old and don't have much to lose. i plan on keeping my m-f 9-5 and working on the weekends. My short term goal is to develop a client base in my community with a long term goal of hiring employees and operating Chicopee lawn care full time by next spring. I believe this website will prove to be a wealth of knowledge to help me reach these goals.

racerdude711
03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I can guarantee you this website will help. Its FULL of VERY USEFUL information. I've recently started checking this website as often as my email. Steve is great, he'll reply to every post, and get you thinking. Hope your business grows as planned.

Steve
03-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Have you thought about offering accounting services to other lawn care business owners?

It would be great if you could give us some accounting tips. Things like what do most small business owners miss or fail to understand when doing their own accounting.

ChicopeeLawnCare
03-17-2010, 11:44 PM
in my regular 9-5 i work in finical accounting. its very different from small business accounting but i can certainly field questions and provide the best solution i can. the principals are the same and i imagine they transfer well. as i dive deeper into this business im sure i will be able to use my accounting skills and hopefully i will be able to help others in the forum.

Steve
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
What is your view on accounting vs. lawn care?

Do you find that you could really get into accounting if the situation was right or no?

If you could redo all of this, do you feel you would have done the same thing or would you have started your own business sooner?