PDA

View Full Version : MUST READ.To much advertising? Give me a break!

lawn mowering
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
when I started advertising spring of 2009 I got phone calls of complaints that they have seen to many of my ads and would not like to see any more ever. I dont understand why someone would make a complaint about how much they see an ad that would be like calling pizza hut telling them to stop putting there ads on my TV. Im not going to stop advertising:mad:. what can I tell them.

JP Landscaping
03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
it's probably the competition and their friends/family calling to bug. I wouldn't worry about it

ringahding1
03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
when I started advertising spring of 2009 I got phone calls of complaints that they have seen to many of my ads and would not like to see any more ever. I dont understand why someone would make a complaint about how much they see an ad that would be like calling pizza hut telling them to stop putting there ads on my TV. Im not going to stop advertising:mad:. what can I tell them.

Tell 'em nothing..keep doing what you are doing...! ! Sounds like you may be in the competitons neighborhood...or just have pissed off a couple people...SO WHAT!! Think about all the junk mail you get(are you calling all of them)NO! cuz you have something better to do w/your time! ! ...you are making a living over there..u know? "You can please most, just not all" ! ! ringahding

picframer
03-08-2010, 12:21 PM
It's like visiting a forum, if you don't like a post then don't read it.....

I had one call last year that threw me for a loop, I had put the caller on speaker as I was driving two employees to a job site, she complained my newspaper article didn't give enough information on our products, my reply was our website is listed in the ad and contains all the information one could want, she said I don't want to go to your website, I simply said Ms. newspaper ad's are not cheap and you are allowed a certain amount of words, we try to maintain costs and you are the first person out of hundreds to call us and complain, she started off so I simply hung up and blocked the caller, could have been a friend of the competition, who knows but it sure shocked the three of us.

Steve
03-08-2010, 01:34 PM
when I started advertising spring of 2009 I got phone calls of complaints that they have seen to many of my ads and would not like to see any more ever.

Can you give us a little background to this? What kinds of things were you doing with your marketing that let up to this?

CHEESE2009
03-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I love seeing competitions ads.

Gives me an idea of what they are offering, what designs they used, & I get to know when they hand out their ads!

Kinda like being handed a competitors company secret.