PDA

View Full Version : Mowing Flyer

ringahding1
03-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanx Steve and Gopherhaul...I put this flyer together with all the ideas of your forum, to say the least, it was/is very successful! ! Ringahding

Steve
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh that is very eye catching! How will you distribute them?

Also how will you use the free mowing coupon? When does the customer get the free mowing? At what part during the year?

ringahding1
03-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Oh that is very eye catching! How will you distribute them?

Also how will you use the free mowing coupon? When does the customer get the free mowing? At what part during the year?

Thanx Steve..I usually will pay my workers' by means of lunch or per hr..
We would credit the customer account for the month 4 mowings minus 1 etc.
#1 Get the service agreement signed. #2 If called by a customer about when the coupon will go into effect, let them know I have an ad running til the end of June or July , so I know I can cover every coupon. This is reassurance they will receive this discount. You can get the paper at Office Max or similiar places. I think it's called 4-ply cards. The way you see it set up right now is how it would go through your printer. After it has printed, you literally can rip each one apart into four flyers'.

Steve
03-09-2010, 12:30 PM
In the past when we have talked about giving away a free mowing, one of the views I have heard was to only give it away at the end of the season to make sure the customer sticks with you the entire season.

What is your view on this?

ringahding1
03-11-2010, 06:11 AM
In the past when we have talked about giving away a free mowing, one of the views I have heard was to only give it away at the end of the season to make sure the customer sticks with you the entire season.

What is your view on this?

My take on giving the "Free Mowing or Discount". I choose July because, we usually have a dry period around this time. Usually we do enough mowing in June to build up cash, so we can afford to give this.
Another view is from the customer...I know we all have been "Dined and Dashed on", but it let's the customer know, we are aware of the economic times, we care, and stand by our word. With that said why we would we expect less?
I do suspect that their may be a customer or two, that would receive these discounts and cancel, but it hasn't happened so far...I would suggest not offering to new customers...give it a year.

Steve
03-12-2010, 04:07 AM
That sounds like a plan! Keep us posted on how it all goes!

ringahding1
06-09-2010, 11:36 PM
Here are a couple flyer's maybe to give some ideas.

Steve
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
That looks very nice! How do you distribute them?

ringahding1
06-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanx Steve.. Hand delivered and use of local paper.. I found 3 other small biz's that are willing to go in on a insert of 10,000 color copies for $800...
Non-compete biz's have been great networking tools(word of mouth).

As a matter of fact I built a website for a local salon..FREE....they didn't have the greatest pics..but I showed them how to stay on the front of search engines.

Sometimes you gotta give to receive, you figure their are four of them spreading my name on a weekly or even daily basis.

Steve
06-15-2010, 12:17 PM
I found 3 other small biz's that are willing to go in on a insert of 10,000 color copies for $800...
Non-compete biz's have been great networking tools(word of mouth).

What kind of businesses were they and how did you set up the insert? Did you just put three equally sized ads on the flyer? Did you all offer some discounts?

Could we see it?

ringahding1
07-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Computer, Garage doors, Construction..set it up w/local paper....equal sizes, 2 biz on front and back....here is a separate flyer I had the local paper print, it's actually color front and back @ 10 cents a piece...I had 2000 made...I've targeted select areas keeping track of the areas I've hit(literally writing down every street and town I passed these out) I will hit these neighborhoods again next month.

:cool:

Steve
07-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Thats great to see! Nice work on them!

ringahding1
07-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanx Steve...if anyone needs the TEMPLATE I can email it...

Hedgemaster
07-26-2010, 09:13 PM
ringahding1, your ads are pretty decent.

Very similar to the color scheme I've chosen. Bright green, dark purple/blue, and white, with yellow as accents as needed. The green/blue/white combo is used pretty widely by a lot of big advertisers. As a graphic designer I notice these things.

I don't know if you designed them, or paid someone to do them, but good job on not cramming too much "crap" in there! The more stuff you jam into an ad, the less effective it will be - trust me.

Steve
07-27-2010, 03:34 PM
.if anyone needs the TEMPLATE I can email it...

Feel free to post them too. I love them. Great work.

ringahding1
07-28-2010, 08:21 AM
ringahding1, your ads are pretty decent.

Very similar to the color scheme I've chosen. Bright green, dark purple/blue, and white, with yellow as accents as needed. The green/blue/white combo is used pretty widely by a lot of big advertisers. As a graphic designer I notice these things.

I don't know if you designed them, or paid someone to do them, but good job on not cramming too much "crap" in there! The more stuff you jam into an ad, the less effective it will be - trust me.

Thanx Hedge, I created this with Microsoft Publisher. Our local paper here printed 2000 copies for $160, post card size. I gotta say this is the best flyer I've made to date. It's really because of this forum given all the tips and suggestions. Tell ya the truth I was a little worried I had put to much "crap", but very appreciative for the good feedback.
:) :) :D

ringahding1
07-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Feel free to post them too. I love them. Great work.

Thanx a lot Steve. I have tried to download the template but it won't let me. It's a ".pub"

Steve
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I changed a setting, it might work now.

ringahding1
08-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Here is the template you may find useful....I'd save of a copy of this template and then start creating your own flyer....pics,sizes,etc.
This flyer was my first one(not the greatest looking),but maybe it will inspire ideas.It's the only one I had left that would upload to Gopher Haul(size).

Steve
08-11-2010, 07:37 AM
I can change the max file size setting. What are some of the larger file sizes? I can change it so they can be attached to the post.

ringahding1
08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
STEVE: I have some already made fliers'....that would merely be ideas for LCO's...but some are 5mb and others are 111kb

Steve
08-12-2010, 05:42 AM
WOW well, large files like that may be an issue to update to a forum. If you want, you can email (slow@gophersoftware.com) me anything you'd like and I can upload them to the server and then like to them from this post. Thanks for all your insight!.