PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer

picframer
03-08-2010, 09:48 AM
My 20 foot trailer finally arrived this morning, I had this custom made by Canada Trailers in Ontario, opted for the sport rims as there wasn't much of a price difference, it can haul 14,000 pounds, the undercoating must be 1/8" thick and not sure what the heck it is but hard as a rock, downside to this trailer is there is no room for lettering. It will be used to haul an excavator and loader at the same time to cut transportation costs, has 17" 6 ply tires.

One of my excavators was also delivered, I ordered this thumb in September however all three that arrived were wrong, then the instructions for the proper one from Deere were not correct, the guys at the dealership had quite a time with it.

Also ordered a 36" ditching/landscaping bucket, the buckets on these units are quick attach so it only takes a few moments to switch back and forth.

Not sure if you guys have ever had a flu shot before, I opted for one last fall at my doctors suggestion, never again will I get one, I have had more colds this winter than any other year and the current one has really knocked me off my feet, kind of a drag as it's another nice day here and we could start our wood chipping jobs.

mharbert
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
What does your mowing trailer look like?

The below trailer looks super nice! any other custom stuff you are going to do to it? Does it have LED trail lights? I love H&H trailer's LED tail lights!

picframer
03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
What does your mowing trailer look like?

The below trailer looks super nice! any other custom stuff you are going to do to it? Does it have LED trail lights? I love H&H trailer's LED tail lights!

We have five trailers at the moment, the one below is my favorite as I can haul three tractors with it and simply drop gear off at sites for the guys, its an 8' X 16', 12,000 pound.

The other landscape trailers are all single axle, I have one home at the moment as it has to go in for lettering also, I will take a picture later today, I believe they are 6' X 10' but then again they may be 7' wide, I know the guys can drive on with one of the garden tractors ond not have to lift the flap on the deck.

LED's are not yet allowed here for tail lights, you can use them for marker lights, I also use them on the excavators and tractors as work lights, I believe there is 8 or 10 per sealed beam, they use a fraction of the power and the light is very bright.

I won't be doing any custom stuff to this trailer, after looking at it again I can't even letter it as the undercoating is so uneven that the letters would not stick, but that's fine as the trucks are done and we hardly every leave a trailer on a job site unless it's a dump trailer.

Here are images of the trailers:

http://www.oakridgeyardcare.ca/Equipment.php

Steve
03-08-2010, 01:26 PM
First off I am with you on that cold shot issue. I say forget it. If it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Secondly that trailer looks like it could haul a tank! Nice job on that.

I was looking at that bucket image. I am trying to figure that out. Does that just make the bucket size bigger?

picframer
03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
First off I am with you on that cold shot issue. I say forget it. If it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Secondly that trailer looks like it could haul a tank! Nice job on that.

I was looking at that bucket image. I am trying to figure that out. Does that just make the bucket size bigger?

I hate to whine but I hate being sick and have been useless since Thursday which is driving me stir crazy, I agree that flu shots are for the birds, never had one before and it was rare I was sick, now it seems every time I get a cold it knocks me out and this current one has been brutal.

Didn't have the energy to switch buckets, basically in the image you will see the digging bucket is attached to the excavator, when they dropped it off they simply use the thumb to hold the new landscape bucket, these things are desperate heavy. Anyhow what you do is pull three pins and the bucket will come off, drive up to the bucket you want or hudraulic auger and simply lift and curl, insert your three pins and off you go, only take a few min to do.

I took a picture of the trailer we use for mowing, I have four of these, this one hasn't been used yet.

CHEESE2009
03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Not sure if you guys have ever had a flu shot before, I opted for one last fall at my doctors suggestion, never again will I get one, I have had more colds this winter than any other year and the current one has really knocked me off my feet, kind of a drag as it's another nice day here and we could start our wood chipping jobs.

I know what you mean.

The flu shot basically consists of the "dead" flu virus, and it helps our bodies adapt if we are to catch the real thing... For some reason though, after the injection I feel like I'm dying!

Mind as well inject me with "dead" tequila, I have a higher chance of being hungover off my arse then getting sick. That's the only shot I need. Hahaha... "Shot"...