PDA

View Full Version : RFP and Commerical Accounts

lukus223
03-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello All,

I know this is a dead horse, but I am going to beat it anyway. In addition to just cold calling business to request a bid opportunity, I was wondering if anyone had ever encountered a database of RFPs (request for proposal). In other industries I have seen this, but I can't seem to find anything for landscape maintenance. I'm interested in municipal and government type opportunities.

Anyone know of any resources?

Steve
03-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I am not positive but I thought in the past this had come up and one could search government bids for such jobs.

Does anyone else have any insight into this?

mmeza
03-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I am starting in the buisness new this year too. I have been going directly to the Town Halls and pursing it that way. It looks like no one wants to share the information on this subject.

I am not positive but I thought in the past this had come up and one could search government bids for such jobs.

Does anyone else have any insight into this?

JP Landscaping
03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
check your local newspapers. In my area, the gov. posts requests for bids when they need something done. Like landscaping/lawn care, construction, etc.

at one point I found an internet site where the gov. also posts it's requests but I can't remember it. If I find it i'll post it.

good luck

picframer
03-08-2010, 05:53 PM
In the city I live I am registered with the procurement offices for:

The City
Public Works
Metro Transit
Water Commission
Power Corp
Dept of Transportation

When I registered I had to supply business license, insurance, workers comp etc. Then you enter keywords, if something comes up, it is automatically emailed to me.

lklandscaping
03-09-2010, 05:19 AM
If you don't mind doing work for local, state, or federal governments, then check out: http://www.findrfp.com/rfp/

Now that I'm 17 years old, I plan on keeping an eye on my towns website for bid requests.

Steve
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
For those of you who have worked on some government jobs, how did the job, the way you got it or the way you priced it differ from residential or commercial customers?

lklandscaping
03-10-2010, 08:16 PM
For those of you who have worked on some government jobs, how did the job, the way you got it or the way you priced it differ from residential or commercial customers?

Good question, I was just going to ask the same...