PDA

View Full Version : New on stage is...

Bluechip
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey lawn geeks:Here to stop by as one of the newiest members to say hello!* I'm a laid off airline pilot and have been thinking about getting into this business for some time.* I, like most of you have many questions and sure I will get the answers here.* This looks like a great place to be and I'm sure I will find what I'm looking for while browsing around.* Anyone

Steve
03-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Welcome to our forum!

How did you like working on airplanes?

What is your plan now to get started with your new business?

CHEESE2009
03-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Well, your company logo should consist of a plane... Because that is just awesome!

My grandmother has a thing for ex pilots btw... ;)

She's been married to 3!

Bluechip
03-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Welcome to our forum!

How did you like working on airplanes?

What is your plan now to get started with your new business?

I've had a blast flying airplane since 1992 when I started learning how to. Now with all the lay-offs and soul searching for the past four years I'm commited to making this venture get off the ground.

I got a great start on my business. I'm starting out with a 22" Toro Recycler, trimmer. Need to buy a blower and edger. I've got some great logos from your site and seeing what works well. Have talked with my tax man about all that fun uncle sam stuff too.

I do have a few questions:

1. Do I pay the different percent sales tax in each city I operated or just the county my office is out of?

2. If operating out of my house do you suggest a PO Box at post office instead of my home address for customers to send there money.

Geoffrey

Steve
03-10-2010, 12:01 PM
1. Do I pay the different percent sales tax in each city I operated or just the county my office is out of?

It is possible you might have to but you might just have to pay a state sales tax. I don't know the answer to this. You will need to talk to a local book keeper, accountant or local tax accessors office.

2. If operating out of my house do you suggest a PO Box at post office instead of my home address for customers to send there money.

I think that would be better unless you want customers showing up to talk with you whenever they feel like it.