PDA

View Full Version : 3 Point Hitch Sprayer

picframer
03-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Probably rushing spring however itís somewhat of a nice day here and after being stuck inside with a cold I wanted to get out and do something so I put my 3pt hitch sprayer together, I see this one is not listed on the Deere site, itís 45 Gallons and should really speed up our spraying times and allow us to get into tight areas. We have two tow units and while they work great it can be a pain when you are not in open areas.

You can fold the boom and turn the outside sprayers off when you are doing narrow areas, I really like the fact it works with the Imatch, as soon as it warms up a little more I will wire it into the 12V outlet by the seat to allow the operator to easily turn the sprayer on and off from the seat. It also has a 24 foot spray wand for doing gardens etc.

B-2 Lawncare
03-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Is that a X700 or a X500. Are you able to use it to mow. I would love to step up to something that size but around here there are a lot of gates that i couldn't get that thing through. And just starting my business i cant afford to buy a peace of equipment that i cant use to push snow and mow ECT. Nice set up i am jealous.

picframer
03-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Is that a X700 or a X500. Are you able to use it to mow. I would love to step up to something that size but around here there are a lot of gates that i couldn't get that thing through. And just starting my business i cant afford to buy a peace of equipment that i cant use to push snow and mow ECT. Nice set up i am jealous.

Thanks, That one is the X749 all wheel drive all wheel steer 24hp Diesel with a 48" Deck, wider decks here tend to scalp the lawns, we have very few clients with nice flat lawns, I also have an X500 which we use for spraying and mowing.

The 749 can run our tiller, generator, Box Blade, landscape rake and just about every attachment I have,.

The 749 is a pretty steep investment however something we had to have for three gated communities we picked up, grades are very steep and the ZTR was spinning out, we needed to spray and the X500 couldn't make it up a few of the hills with a sprayer even though I was using Diff Lock, with the 749 you can lock the front and rear as each front wheel has it's own hydraulic drive motor with a proportioning valve to ensure no tear up. I will be trading our Deere 997 ZTR for another X749 next month as it allows me to do a lot more, as for cost the 749 is just over $21,000 loaded.

Steve
03-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Andy,

That looks top notch! What made you choose that unit over others you might have looked at?

picframer
03-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Andy,

That looks top notch! What made you choose that unit over others you might have looked at?

The dealer, I hardly ever have problems with Deere equipment, I know it costs more but if something were to happen it would be fixed on the spot.

Steve
03-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Were you using a sprayer in the past? Was it the same size?

picframer
03-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Were you using a sprayer in the past? Was it the same size?

We have 9 sprayers, two are tow units which are fine for open areas but a pain on most properties, Deere doesn't even have this sprayer on their website yet as it's new, the dealer called me to tell me it was coming so I ordered one right away.

mharbert
03-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice rig! I like the quick hitch 3pt.. When you get a chance, will you post pictures of your tiler? I assume is a hydro tiller, right?

Does your sprayer have linear actuators to raise and lower the booms? Then you would never have to leave your seat!

i found your pic of your tiller! I see its a rear PTO drive, not hydro. Very nice equipment! http://www.oakridgeyardcare.ca/Equipment.php

picframer
03-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice rig! I like the quick hitch 3pt.. When you get a chance, will you post pictures of your tiler? I assume is a hydro tiller, right?

Does your sprayer have linear actuators to raise and lower the booms? Then you would never have to leave your seat!

i found your pic of your tiller! I see its a rear PTO drive, not hydro. Very nice equipment! http://www.oakridgeyardcare.ca/Equipment.php

The tillers are still packed away however they are all PTO driven, I personally hate shear pins so I have slip clutches on the driveshaft, the quality of the jobs they do really amazes me and the clients and boy are they fast.

This sprayer does not have linear actuators however it is an option I could and probably will add.

Fresh Cut
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
We have 9 sprayers, two are tow units which are fine for open areas but a pain on most properties, Deere doesn't even have this sprayer on their website yet as it's new, the dealer called me to tell me it was coming so I ordered one right away.

What other kind of sprayers do you have? Can you post pics of them?

I'm exploring options to be able to spray Gluten-8 on my properties.

picframer
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
What other kind of sprayers do you have? Can you post pics of them?

I'm exploring options to be able to spray Gluten-8 on my properties.

I have a 15 Gallon Deere Tow Unit, two Gilmore backpacks, two Fimco battery pull cart sprayers and two Brinley 40 Gallon tow sprayers, then the new 3pt one