PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Storage

zmsk22
03-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I am graduating college soon and am looking to start my business. I have been trying to fgure out storage options for my equipment. I guess if I really had to I could go door knocking at houses with lage garages/barns and offer monthly rent of $100 or so. Just wondering what you guys do, and what did you do when you were getting started?

justin_time
03-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Is there a self storage somewhere maybe you can rent and get space to put your equipment ?

zmsk22
03-06-2010, 06:37 PM
I was thinking about that. I would need to be able to put a traler in there. Its an option.

Is there a self storage somewhere maybe you can rent and get space to put your equipment ?

pnplawn
03-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I pay dearly every month for storage. The reason is I live in the city you can not have any trailers, boats , so on in your yard.

zmsk22
03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, it is unfortunate to have to pay for storage but you gotta go what you gotta do I guess. Here I would be able to fnd a place where I can keep a trailer in the drive way but that leaves the possiblity of theft which makes me nervous. I guess I could find a place with a garage and unload every night.

I pay dearly every month for storage. The reason is I live in the city you can not have any trailers, boats , so on in your yard.

psparaco
03-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I keep my equipment in the wintertime in my parent's shed and my grandmother's shed. During the summer time I keep my trimmer and blower in my basement and my mower outside covered up and locked to the gate post. I keep all my fuel containers outside always yearround under my steps. The fuels are stabilized so i dont have to worry about it going bad. No one messes with my yard on top of i have a gate lock installed too. Once i have a pickup truck, i intend to get a cap or lid installed on the bed and keep my equipment locked in the bed when not in use and keep my fuel containers where they are now. When i do get a trailer. i'll be storing that in my grandmother's driveway. but I'm not worried about that now since i'll be getting a pickup truck around may sometime. For now i am stuck with using my mother's 2nd car i borrowed cause my old car was totaled in an accident last week and without their help, i'd really be screwed.

SuperiorPower
03-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Perhaps you can do some lawn mowing or maintenance for someone in exchange for parking/storage privileges? This would be a win/win.

Good luck,
Eli