PDA

View Full Version : D.R. or Agri fab

B-2 Lawncare
03-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Would just like to here some opinions

In the fall i spend a lot of time picking up leaves. So being as i am just getting started with my lawn care bossiness Is spending the money on the D.R. worth it?

B-2 Lawncare
03-06-2010, 10:06 AM
over look my spelling, Dam you spell check.

Steve
03-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Which products were you looking at and how big are your average lawn sizes?

picframer
03-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Would just like to here some opinions

In the fall i spend a lot of time picking up leaves. So being as i am just getting started with my lawn care bossiness Is spending the money on the D.R. worth it?

Only if you have the busniess, I have both, DR is pretty expensive but very well made gear, Agri Fab makes a lot of the Deere equipment and they have the best lawn sweeper on the market.

B-2 Lawncare
03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Which products were you looking at and how big are your average lawn sizes?

My average is about .75 acre but more than a pick up load. I didn't keep track of all my loads this fall but i bet that i picked up about 2500 to 3000 pounds of leaves. I have a agri fab sweeper. I want to cut down on the time that it takes and improve my efficiency

picframer
03-07-2010, 05:53 AM
My average is about .75 acre but more than a pick up load. I didn't keep track of all my loads this fall but i bet that i picked up about 2500 to 3000 pounds of leaves. I have a agri fab sweeper. I want to cut down on the time that it takes and improve my efficiency

Then it sounds like you want the Dr unit as it will shred the leaves 10 to 1, we are fortunate in that all the properties we did last year we had a place to dump the shredded leaves, we sprayed with an Organic Compost Accelerator so that the client will have compost to use this year.

B-2 Lawncare
03-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Then it sounds like you want the Dr unit as it will shred the leaves 10 to 1, we are fortunate in that all the properties we did last year we had a place to dump the shredded leaves, we sprayed with an Organic Compost Accelerator so that the client will have compost to use this year.

Thanks for replying, this is a great place to get information. I have some land and i take half an acre and plant pumpkin patch. So about 1000 lbs went in to that and i can take the rest to to dump where they compost it.