PDA

View Full Version : Business Secrets?

Steve
07-05-2006, 05:39 PM
What's your take on this? Why would Pepsi want Coke's secret recipe? I think Pepsi tastes better than Coke. Does Pepsi want to change it's ingredients? I don't know why they would.

Remember how much of a disaster it was when Coke came out with the NEW Coke in the 80's?

Three charged with stealing Coca-Cola secrets (http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/05/coke.secrets.ap/index.html) - Three people have been arrested and charged with stealing confidential information about drink recipes from The Coca-Cola Co. and trying to sell it to rival PepsiCo Inc., federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

kc2006
07-05-2006, 06:21 PM
The big drink rivals baffle me. To me, pop is pop (or whatever you want to call it), I've never been a big pop drinker so I guess when I do drink it it's a treat so I drink whatever...

Maybe they wanted it to try and make a coke rip off to kill sales of coke? Coca-cola owns most of the sports drinks don't they? I think that's whats really keeping them thriving, sports drinks have really taken off in the past probably 10 years.