PDA

View Full Version : best advertising methods?

morris_turfworks
03-04-2010, 08:03 PM
im 18 years old and have started a business to try and get through college in ohio. i was wondering everyones methods on getting their name out and gathering business. im lookin to spread across the area and wanted to know the best way to do it?

JP Landscaping
03-04-2010, 10:20 PM
The best way to let someone know something is to tell them.

In other words, go door to door letting potential customers know that you are in the lawn care business and would like to give them a free estimate to service their yard.

give out business cards like crazy. put them everywhere, like gas stations, stores and businesses. you could go to homedepot and spend the day handing out business cards to customers in the garden area.

I figure if you are not busy mowing lawns, then you could be busy getting customers. take that free time and go knocking on doors. although probably the most time consuming, it's the least expensive other than word of mouth.

picframer
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM
im 18 years old and have started a business to try and get through college in ohio. i was wondering everyones methods on getting their name out and gathering business. im lookin to spread across the area and wanted to know the best way to do it?

Your network including your friends at school and college, in the summer I hire up to 12 University students, last year they brought in a lot of work on their own just through people they know, parents, friends of parents etc. the first year can be a little slower than we would like, it simply takes time to build the business up.

Have a nice Flyer or Postcard done up outlining what you offer, buy the equipment as the work comes on, I personally use post cards that are designed for the service, I have them printed at Vista Print and the quality is excellent for the price, here are a few I use.

The cards are B & W on the back and outline everything we do, website, contact information etc. I always encourage people to go to my website as it's a lot cheaper than trying to jam in a lot of information on one card.

http://www.oakridgeyardcare.ca/Business_Cards_for_Service.php

racerdude711
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Usually I will put flyers in the neighborhoods that are in my target area. To spread my name out further than that area, I've put flyers and business cards in local oil change business. When people take their cars in to get an oil change, they usually end up waiting in the office, bored, so just to make the time go faster, they'll pick up your flyer and business card.

I didn't really adverise in the oil change places until winter when I wanted more snow removal clients. The turn out was better than putting flyers in door to door. I'm 16, so obviously my advertising budget was low, so this was a good way to go about it.

Steve
03-05-2010, 06:10 PM

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to promote yourself?

lklandscaping
03-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Word of mouth 100%

Just make sure your service is top-notch or it will work against you.

bassmaineiac
03-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Having a website