PDA

View Full Version : This is BS!!!! Florida guys

XtreemGreen
03-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Low balling at its best.... How can he be in business and survive???

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/for/1617214983.html :mad:

picframer
03-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Low balling at its best.... How can he be in business and survive???

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/for/1617214983.html :mad:

You know as well as I do, there is either a gimmic or they will come to pass, don't sweat the small stuff, the $15.00 is to get customers attention, I suspect they pour it on after that. Give them a call for a quote but put your stuff away first so they have no idea who you are, I suspect you will see that the prices are just to get calls.

ProCut TM
03-04-2010, 07:00 PM
15 and 55 can be done and make a couple bucks to get you built up
I have seen signs for $12 per cut
low ballers are no threat because quality customers want a quality company.
plenty of grass for all of us, when they tank by their accounts.

XtreemGreen
03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Problem is, I have no grass... My yard is all stone...Ill see if I ca get a neighbor to call..

cklandscapingorlando
03-04-2010, 07:39 PM
55 is probly a bi weekly year round program. Or the guy has on half a duplex that he chrges that so thats the rock bottom price he uses for ad. If not then he wont be around long. I figure low overhead is 15hr so he better be real fast to make more than he could at walmart

picframer
03-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Problem is, I have no grass... My yard is all stone...Ill see if I ca get a neighbor to call..

Good idea, we know that you can't cut a lawn for $15.00, problem is these guys don't know their cost, looks like a nice trailer and mowers they have, perhaps if you had quite a few places in a row you might make a small dollar.

Personally I say more power to them, they don't last, I simply look at other things I can do and offer until they are gone, issue is they keep popping up, this is a very interesting industry when it comes to mowing.

JP Landscaping
03-04-2010, 09:32 PM
I agree, its probably to get customers. It does say starting at $15. For all we know this could be what he charges for a house with only a small front yard. The ones you can get done in like 10 minutes.

You always have to look at the wording. like a coupon I put out last year at a grocery store... Up to $50 in in-store credit. I put the $50 really big and the wording much smaller. I didn't say I would give them $50, i said I could.

CHEESE2009
03-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Pretty interesting ad.

I had a few lawn guys come to my yard to give me a quote...

I guess they thought I was acting weird when they offered me a low price & I said, "I will think about it, thank you for your time!":p

I can't wait to see if these guys are still in business! I still have their card pinned on my wall.

Steve
03-05-2010, 12:20 PM
He does have a nice full color graphic trailer.

ProCut TM
03-23-2010, 09:54 PM
more lowballing BS from FL craig's list gotta love people who will work for free

full service lawn company will mow weedeat edge blow and spray for weeds on each visit up to four times a month.
most lawns we can handle for $60 a month

we also pressure wash homes and driveways

call (813)802-7907

ProCut TM
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
your boy i sat it again too

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/for/1648164638.html

NO YOUR COSTS PEOPLE

MikeO
03-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Flagged and Removed by the author. LOL...maybe he couldn't afford his internet bill for the month? Don't worry about them because, Andy is right Offer more then what they can. Be smarter learn more. Education is powerful.
really is. do you want a 15 dollar haircut? Most those people are felons and bs artists. in my opinion. Why even comapre yourself to the craigslist people?
I'd want nothing to do with it. It's free advertising. What do you usually get for free?

ProCut TM
03-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Flagged and Removed by the author. LOL...maybe he couldn't afford his internet bill for the month? Don't worry about them because, Andy is right Offer more then what they can. Be smarter learn more. Education is powerful.
really is. do you want a 15 dollar haircut? Most those people are felons and bs artists. in my opinion. Why even comapre yourself to the craigslist people?
I'd want nothing to do with it. It's free advertising. What do you usually get for free?

right on brother, the stuff just makes me laugh.

JP Landscaping
03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't throw Craigslist to the curb. I advertise there and get a lot of business because of it. I had two customers from craigslist last year of which one referred 4 others and the other referred 5 others to me. out of those two customers and their referrals I had about $11000 worth of work.

This year I already gave an estimate from a craigslist lead for $1500.

MikeO
03-23-2010, 10:35 PM
This area is ****ty for craigslist. Glad it worked for you tho. Im just not into it CL. I hear alot of people say that, Maybe if i approached it differenlty i don't know. Apparantly you do more work then what those people were offering? Or you have a cleaner image? I don't know, its just something that makes me wonder what one side thinks sometimes. Who's looking and who's asking?
Hopefully that made sense.

CHEESE2009
03-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Gotta get James Bond to take out these silly advertisers.

JP Landscaping
03-24-2010, 09:37 AM
I hear you MikeO. not all types of advertising works for everyone. Like I hear of lawn care biz owners putting their business cards in gas stations and other places like that. I've tried that hear but most gas stations don't allow it. It just depends on the area.