PDA

View Full Version : Concierge Service

vetlawns
03-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Greetings everyone,

My husband has just started his company and we recently got a response to a flyer from a realty company's concierge service. Basically, we pay a yearly fee (payable monthly) to be a part of this large company's list of providers. Does anyone have experience with this type of lead program? Though the cost would be covered by getting just 1 customer per month, I still would prefer not to throw money at something that has not shown effective in this business. Any comments would be helpful.

THANKS all!

jasonw
03-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Ignore them, they are con artists. Petco use to do the same thing with the breeders of the animals they sell. Its a huge rip off.

Steve
03-04-2010, 12:02 PM
We have seen discussions on here in the past where realtors do this with local contractors in return for them promoting the realtor as well. So these kinds of things can be set up and done for free.

Talk to a few local realtors and I bet you can get a similar agreement going for no cost.

Ignore them, they are con artists. Petco use to do the same thing with the breeders of the animals they sell. Its a huge rip off.

Can you tell us a little about what they wanted and how the thing worked? Also what made it a rip off?

jasonw
03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
We have seen discussions on here in the past where realtors do this with local contractors in return for them promoting the realtor as well. So these kinds of things can be set up and done for free.

Talk to a few local realtors and I bet you can get a similar agreement going for no cost.

Can you tell us a little about what they wanted and how the thing worked? Also what made it a rip off?

In short Steve when I use to breed snakes. If they purchased $100 worth of stock from me in a year my annual membership would be $140. it takes simple math to see how this can break you fast. business in exchange or business or promotion is a different story. I will not pay anyone to keep my on a list. I will only pay the paper to run my add.

vetlawns
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys for the advice. You really helped us sidestep a mistake on that one. We've spoken with some realtors and worked out free arrangements just like you mentioned Steve.

Steve
03-05-2010, 12:04 PM
In short Steve when I use to breed snakes. If they purchased $100 worth of stock from me in a year my annual membership would be $140. it takes simple math to see how this can break you fast. business in exchange or business or promotion is a different story. I will not pay anyone to keep my on a list. I will only pay the paper to run my add.

I never heard of anything like this before. That is an eye opener.

jasonw
03-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I never heard of anything like this before. That is an eye opener.

Hats why I opted not to sell to petco.

lklandscaping
03-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Greetings everyone,

My husband has just started his company and we recently got a response to a flyer from a realty company's concierge service. Basically, we pay a yearly fee (payable monthly) to be a part of this large company's list of providers. Does anyone have experience with this type of lead program? Though the cost would be covered by getting just 1 customer per month, I still would prefer not to throw money at something that has not shown effective in this business. Any comments would be helpful.

THANKS all!

Sounds like a complete ripoff. At least you were not paying that much for your service, unless the client has a full estate........