PDA

View Full Version : Should I repair other people's lawn mowers?

lawn mowering
03-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Ok every year my part time min. wage job has to cover my business dept, I always repair my own lawn mowers and that saves me hunderds. My question is should I Repair other people's lawn mowers? the only thing that might stop me is that I want people to have me mow their lawn instead of doing it themselves. Should I repair Lawn Mowers in march and april?:confused:

XtreemGreen
03-03-2010, 10:48 AM
Sure... Id repair homeowners mowers.. But when there picking up the mower, mention what else you do and give them your business card..You never know..

Steve
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I think that is a great idea. Offer what ever services you can to keep your business going and growing. You never know when one of these services just might take off and you could potentially focus on them instead.

What do you feel is stopping you from getting this going today or tomorrow?

SuperiorPower
03-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I think that is a great idea. Never put all your eggs in one basket. Like someone else mentioned, hand them your business card and tell them if they ever need someone to mow their yard or know of someone else who does to give you a call. If you offer organic spraying, yard clean up, etc, this would also be a great time to promote those services. You already know they are interested in getting their yard looking pretty and taking care of their yard which is why they are bringing their mowers to get repaired so they can get to it. This is just my opinion but I would say do it.

For some handy engine repair info, visit my forum (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php).

adamsmowing88
03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
I think that is a good idea maybe to have more towards the late winter when work is slow, so you don't get all wonky trying to cut grass and repair mowers. But hey if business is slow during the summer time I'd say go for it. Actually I have been thinking about taking some classes down the road at the local community college on 2 and 4 stroke engines....Just to have something to do when I am sitting inside waiting for the snow to melt like now:rolleyes: