PDA

View Full Version : pre emergents

khenry
03-03-2010, 07:22 AM
hey everybody im new at this and i wanted to hear from from some experienced lawn business owners which pre emergent is best local store has Lisco, Virtigo , and Scotts . I'D love to have some input

Fresh Cut
03-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I bought some Gluten-8 liquid organic fertilizer, it works as a pre-emergent too.

I haven't used it yet. I haven't figured out how I'm going to apply it.

Steve(the one from south carolina) suggested I use a hose end sprayer, but I'm not sure how that would work with it being concentrated. Don't know if I would put the concentrated Gluten-8 in the hose end sprayer or the mixed solution.

Steve
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Doesn't the hose sprayer dilute the mixture as the water sprays through?

Fresh Cut
03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Doesn't the hose sprayer dilute the mixture as the water sprays through?

That's exactly what I am thinking. I pm'd steve but he hasn't responded. It has been a while, so I went ahead and bought a gallon of Gluten-8 from the website and I haven't opened it yet.

Steve said that he uses the hose end sprayer whenever he can't get his tractor in backyards.

I'm guessing that he doesn't use a mixture and that he just uses the concentrated Gluten-8 in the hose end sprayer and it dilutes it as the water comes out. But I have yet to see a hose end sprayer that shows the option to dilute a solution according to a ratio, i.e. 1:3, and I'm curious as to how accurate it would be.

Paul
03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
If you mean Lesco(not Lisco), I use Lesco Dimension w/fertilizer right after spring cleanup in April. Then with the IPM split application,i hit it again after the first cut in May i use Dimension with out fertilizer. I have elimiated 95% of the crabgrass in customers lawns.

Fresh Cut
03-06-2010, 12:22 AM
How much do you charge your customers for these applications?

Do you include it in the price for normal lawn maintenance or do you charge customers separately whenever you do more than maintenance,

cklandscapingorlando
03-06-2010, 06:49 AM
I use a merical grow hose end. It has all the ratios on top. You just turn the dial for what ever your looking for. Most dont allow adjustment thats why I used theirs