PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear

ProCut TM
03-02-2010, 03:22 PM
What is everyone using for rain gear.
I have a feeling this season is going to be very rainy
and my work load will require some cutting in the rain.
Even though I don't like it, I will have no choice.
What is the best rain gear out there for our line of work.

the cheap $20 yellow suit at Lowes will not cut it.

XtreemGreen
03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Check the rain gear at Harbor Freight.. There only $8... Pretty good fabrick as well... I worn mine alot last year and still in good shape...

CHEESE2009
03-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I just go out in a wife beater.

You could just pole a hole for your head into a garbage bag.

I do have an awesome rain coat, the brand name, "Misty Mountain" this thing is awesome.

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2512

XtreemGreen
03-02-2010, 06:55 PM
You are just full of animation Breeze...Now I picture you as a bear looking guy with his nasty hair poping out al over and going to give a bid on a $10,000,000 waterfront home...

picframer
03-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Helly Hanson.

Is it expensive?? Yes Very; however we spray in the rain and I don't and will not buy stuff that only lasts a short time.

CHEESE2009
03-02-2010, 07:35 PM
You are just full of animation Breeze...Now I picture you as a bear looking guy with his nasty hair poping out al over and going to give a bid on a $10,000,000 waterfront home...

No no no, that's me in 5 years.

This is me now, opening my Christmas present!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/merryxmas.jpg

XtreemGreen
03-02-2010, 07:44 PM
YOU PREGNANT?????? :d

CHEESE2009
03-02-2010, 07:57 PM
LMAO, no I just ignore protection. lol, i do the ol' pull out maneuver.

http://timnovate.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/junior.jpg

XtreemGreen
03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Glad to see you not soo angray anymore...

CHEESE2009
03-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Glad to see you not soo angray anymore...

I'm holding it in...

I do my best to keep myself busy, but when I have nothing to do.. boy o' boy.

I'm like depressed, angry, vengeful, just overall frustrated.

How does a person make friends you know? I don't go to school, I don't make friends at work ..considering well.... I own the business.. lol...

I'm bored as crap if I don't work. I got you guys on the forum lmao, that's it now.

You guys are screweed.

They also closed my favorite bar. :(

Yard Elements
03-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Carhart (spelling) is the best I have found. for about $120 I suit up Pants, Jacket and Rubber Boots. I'm in the Pacific Northwest near Seattle it's always raining here if I didn't work/cut in the rain I would never work! lmao:D

XtreemGreen
03-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Good music comes from your area also...

Yard Elements
03-03-2010, 11:13 AM
good music and Microsoft and Mac are both from this area!

Steve
03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
What is everyone using for rain gear.
I have a feeling this season is going to be very rainy
and my work load will require some cutting in the rain.
Even though I don't like it, I will have no choice.
What is the best rain gear out there for our line of work.

How does that work out, mowing in the rain? How long can it rain for before the lawn gets too soaked to mow?

XtreemGreen
03-03-2010, 12:23 PM
How does that work out, mowing in the rain? How long can it rain for before the lawn gets too soaked to mow?

It depends on how well the ground soaks up the rain..Lawns can get soaked in minutes down here.. Some lawns I can complete, except blowing off is not so easy... Other yards I have to stop because I start to leave mud/dirt tracks.. But down here, summer rains dont last but a few minutes, untill the next storm comes..

ProCut TM
03-03-2010, 01:07 PM
It depends on how well the ground soaks up the rain..Lawns can get soaked in minutes down here.. Some lawns I can complete, except blowing off is not so easy... Other yards I have to stop because I start to leave mud/dirt tracks.. But down here, summer rains dont last but a few minutes, untill the next storm comes..

True, very rarely does it rain all day It just come on hard and is normally gone in 30 minutes max. I want to work through those 30 minutes without being soaked to the bone before getting back in my truck.

Steve
03-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Along with the rain gear, have you found that certain mowers work better in the rain? Maybe lighter weight mowers?

ProCut TM
03-04-2010, 03:14 PM
as Chad said once the lawns here reach a certain saturation point you start to leave mud trails/ruts and must exit the lawn. I've mud rutted with my lightest machine on some yards. You just have to play it as it comes at you. Some yards are fine others are softer.