PDA

View Full Version : Another Florida Mower Here

Florida Mowin
03-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Been on here before, just wanted to stop back by and see what's new.
Been mowing in the Nature Coast area for about 5 years. Started from scratch, currently servicing about 130 year round residential, and about 12 commercial. Took about 3.5 to 4 years to get to the $10k per month figure.
I'm now Running 2 trucks, 2 z-turns, & a walk behind for gates. Employ 3-5 guys during the season, work one in the winter while I relax and reap the benefits of the slow time (high proffit) yehaaa!!
Learned a lot of s**t about running a business in the last 5 years. Although I have a business degree, and started out with pretty much unlimited funds to start business. Had approx. $30k in equipment and not a single account when started.
Looking forward to a great season. Time to deside if I want to expand area, equipment, employees, and services, or be satisfied with current conditions. The more employees I have to rely on, the more pains in the *** i have. haha

Let's go cut um!

XtreemGreen
03-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Welcome aboard... Im in West Central Florida.. A short drive North of Clearwater..

Steve
03-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What would you say would be the top 5 or 10 business lessons you have learned so far that have allowed you to grow to such a size? It seems most are never able to achieve your business size. Do you have any suggestions as to why they can't reach this level?