PDA

View Full Version : Bad Image

tiedeman
06-29-2006, 09:13 PM
What are some bads things that you see other competition doing that is not only a bad image for them, but for the industry as a whole?

For example, the last two weeks I have seen one competition mowing and doing work shirtless. That just blows my mind

Steve
06-30-2006, 12:21 PM
One of the things I see every once in a while is after cleanups LCOs load up a truck with debris and drive as the wind blows the debris out onto the road.

I have seen this many times. Not only does it look bad but if you damage a vehicle behind you by doing that, you could be liable.

tiedeman
07-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I saw another bad image thing today:

A local company does the lawn maintenance for the hospital, and they go full tilt without any type of mulching kit or bagging unit on the mower blowing debris on all of the cars parked there. It's horrible to watch!

kc2006
07-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Uniforms is the big stickler for me. *Theres a local company here that I know and he has his trucks/trailers lettered up completely, all very nice new trucks. *Then he lets his guys wear sleeveless shirts, no shirt, beat up jeans with big holes in them. *It really kills it to me. *I hardly ever wear sleeveless shirts in my freetime just because I think it's trashy looking.

I always try to keep image as high as possible to justify my rates, you can't charge premium prices if you look like joe dirt.

Steve
07-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Quote[/b] ]Then he lets his guys wear sleeveless shirts, no shirt, beat up jeans with big holes in them.
I see this all the time too.

When you are working, I guess you kind of think, hey I am working and who cares what I look like. But people do care. Uniforms do make the company look more professional. You don't get the feeling these workers were hired that morning, when they are wearing uniforms.