PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Landscaping & Lawns

vetlawns
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone,

My husband has just started his lawn care business here in Atlanta upon returning from a recent deployment to Iraq. We have already begun reading the posts on gopherforum and are getting tons of information. When he's not working, we both enjoy working out and traveling on weekend getaways. Happy Monday to you all! We're ready for Spring!

Steve
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Welcome to our forum!

Is the name of your business Vet Lawn? I think that would be a really great name!

Do you promote in your marketing that your husband is a veteran?

adamsmowing88
03-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Welcome aboard! Thank you for your service! My wife was in the military and I am very patriotic myself. So just wanted to say welcome.

tabarbee11
03-02-2010, 09:44 PM
It is a great business to get into and enjoy at the same time. Tell your husband THANK YOU for making the larger than life decision to defend our country.

vetlawns
03-03-2010, 04:26 PM
@Steve, yes we promote my husband's service in the military in ALL of our ads and it has already gotten us a lot of business and referrals. I am always amazed by the patriotism in this country.

@adams... and tabarbee, thanks for the well wishes and kind comments. We are already loving the business.

Steve's Lawn Care
03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you very much for all your family has had to sacrifice.. I think the name of your company is an excellent idea i wish you and your:) business the very best of luck

Steve
03-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Have you thought about sending a press release to the local paper to talk about how your husband as a local veteran has started up his own business? I bet that could bring you a lot more attention as well.

vetlawns
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
That's a great idea Steve! We hadn't thought about it before, but I'm going to try it and we'll let you know how it goes. Keep you posted...

Steve
03-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh good! I can't wait to hear what happens.