PDA

View Full Version : Health insurance

ProCut TM
02-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Right now I have an individual policy for my wife and I, but I just contacted BlueCross Bluesheild about getting a group policy for my company. I should be hearing back from them this week and will let you know how it goes.

To get a group policy you need at least 3 employees. I will be insuring myself, as well as hiring my wife and one more employee. Employees must work a minimum of 25 hours per week to qualify.

Is anyone else doing this already or thinking about doing it soon? Any input would be welcomed.

picframer
02-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Right now I have an individual policy for my wife and I, but I just contacted BlueCross Bluesheild about getting a group policy for my company. I should be hearing back from them this week and will let you know how it goes.

To get a group policy you need at least 3 employees. I will be insuring myself, as well as hiring my wife and one more employee. Employees must work a minimum of 25 hours per week to qualify.

Is anyone else doing this already or thinking about doing it soon? Any input would be welcomed.

Looked into it however it was simply too expensive, close to $300.00 per employee per month.

ProCut TM
02-28-2010, 04:26 PM
My individual policy is $479/month for my wife and I. I guess we'll see what they have to say.

picframer
02-28-2010, 05:31 PM
My individual policy is $479/month for my wife and I. I guess we'll see what they have to say.

Wow that is a lot, I pay $380. and all that covers is medical and dental and by medical I mean prescriptions. Here in Canada visi**** to the doctor, emergency or any procedure required by the hispital is part of our taxes.

ProCut TM
02-28-2010, 07:41 PM
it covers everything here Andy not just scrips