PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Excellawns
02-25-2010, 04:48 PM
My name is Travis Wascher and I have recently purchased a Lawn/Landscaping business, I actually bought it about 2 weeks ago. I live in Palm Harbor Florida and I wanted to join this forum because I am new to this business and have a lot to learn. And what better place to learn then somewhere where someone has already made beginner mistakes or already took the time to learn etc etc. I realize I couldn’t do my full-time job and try to take this on and be successful so I turned in my resignation last week after being with my current company for 5 years. I am ready to learn anything and everything there is to know about Lawns and landscaping and everything thing else there is to do like trim palm trees, how to fertilize what bug spray should be used and how much so please always feel free to give me feedback and advice.

I built a website last Thursday so I am sure there are some suggestions everyone can give me on things I could do better or differently. My Website is www.excellawns.com please stop by and give me your opinion. I appreciate any help I can get, hope we get a chance to talk soon.

XtreemGreen
02-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Uh Oh heres my competition...:D Welcome to the site..Im down the road from you in New Port Richey...

Excellawns
02-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Thank you I really have found some good information on this site so far. As for the competition.....LOL we would be lucky if we ever saw each other. Unless that is if some of your accounts are in Holiday, New Port Richey or Hudson then we might pass each other on the road one day. Have a good one XtreemGreen!

XtreemGreen
02-25-2010, 06:27 PM
You never know... But i havent even started mine back up yet...If you need any help on anything, let me know..

Excellawns
02-25-2010, 07:07 PM
I appreciate it. Hey my number is 727-492-9545, I figure since we are pretty close to each other if you ever have any problems like a flat tire, stuck in the mud,.....anything at all just give me a call and I will do whatever I can to help out. At least you have an addtional life line if no one else is around.

Steve
02-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in buying a lawn care business and how do you feel that process has worked out for you so far?

Rabbit
03-08-2010, 06:56 PM
My name is Travis Wascher and I have recently purchased a Lawn/Landscaping business, I actually bought it about 2 weeks ago. (snip)

I built a website last Thursday so I am sure there are some suggestions everyone can give me on things I could do better or differently. My Website is www.excellawns.com please stop by and give me your opinion. I appreciate any help I can get, hope we get a chance to talk soon.
Hi Travis,

I received one of your flyers from FlyerMike today. I tried to look you up. You should double-check the name of your LLC because the flyer doesn't match the LLC you have.

EXCEL LAWN SERVICE L.L.C. (sunbiz.org)
versus
Excel Lawns & Landscaping LLC (on the flyer)
versus
Excel Lawn & Landscaping L.L.C (on your website)

These should each match the exact name you registered with the Florida Dept of State Division of Corporations, unless you plan on also filing a "fictitious business name" to have another alias/name.

Steve
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
I'd love to see the flyer!

Rabbit
03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
I'd love to see the flyer!
see attachment

Steve
03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Good job! How did you like the service that delivered your flyers? How did you find them?

Rabbit
03-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Good job! How did you like the service that delivered your flyers? How did you find them?
You misunderstood my post, Steve.

I am the recipient of the flyer.

ProCut TM
03-11-2010, 12:38 AM
welcome to the forum I'm down in St Pete.
did the business come with any accounts?
what kind of equipment did you get?
what made you want to get into the lawn business?

good luck this year.