PDA

View Full Version : What does your spring clean up consist of?

Recyellow
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM
What services do you give in a yard spring clean up?

lklandscaping
02-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Power Raking (Dethatching)
Early Seeding
Winter "Salt Spot" repair
Airation (If absolutely needed)
Turning on and inspecting irrigation systems (After final frost)
General Trimming
Fertilizer and weed control
Mulching
Gutter Cleaning
Power Washing

The list goes on and on
Basically everything that needs to be done...

picframer
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
What services do you give in a yard spring clean up?

We mulch leaves and small branches, sweep the lawn with a power sweeper to remove thatch, use a landscape rake to remove rocks from winter snow plowing.

At the same time we sell our Organic Products and everyone last year accepted.

Steve
02-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Andy,

What is your view on offering these additional services as well?

# Early Seeding
# Winter "Salt Spot" repair
# Airation (If absolutely needed)
# Turning on and inspecting irrigation systems (After final frost)
# General Trimming
# Fertilizer and weed control
# Mulching
# Gutter Cleaning
# Power Washing

picframer
02-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Andy,

What is your view on offering these additional services as well?

We offer all of those services at the same time and more however it is not part of a clean up quote.

pboy8634
02-26-2010, 04:44 PM
What's your price range for your spring clean-up?

picframer
02-26-2010, 05:01 PM
What's your price range for your spring clean-up?

$45 to $300+, depends on so many factors, have to see it and discuss with the client, I will not quote clean up jobs without seeing what has to be done, if the client doesn't want to have us drop by, then I simply pass as we will get burnt every time on a sight unseen.

rawssrob
02-26-2010, 05:55 PM
I have a customer that wants me to dethatch and overseed. Is there a rate that I should use to overseed (lbs/ft).

ritchiem
02-26-2010, 06:59 PM
this is right from our agreement / contract

SPRING CLEAN UP

All lawn and planting bed areas will be free of all debris. Planting beds are to have weeds removed, and soil beds to be cultivated and edged. Work is to be completed by April 30, weather permitting.

All snow plow damage repair and heavy winter storm damage clean up will be an extra to the agreement and will be dealt with only after consultation with the Owner.

However, we also offer all basic services as well. But that is all above and beyond the SCU.

picframer
02-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I have a customer that wants me to dethatch and overseed. Is there a rate that I should use to overseed (lbs/ft).

I usually charge by the square foot, we use a lawn sweeper to dethatch, then spray an Organic Dethacher and then overseed, and spray

http://www.natureslawn.com/biological-dethatcher.php

rawssrob
02-28-2010, 09:48 AM
sorry. let me rephrase that. Is there an application rate that I should follow when overseeding. any links or comments would be helpful.

picframer
02-28-2010, 12:00 PM
sorry. let me rephrase that. Is there an application rate that I should follow when overseeding. any links or comments would be helpful.

The application rate depends on the seed you are using and any that I have seen, it's marked right on the bag, the spreader we use is made by John Deere and I simply dial in how much product I want per thousand square feet and then simply start driving.

rawssrob
02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
gotcha, thanks

adamsmowing88
02-28-2010, 12:47 PM
IF I get antsy, I might take on couple of leaf clean ups. But for the most part, I only like to mow and do fall leaf clean ups, then hunting season is in.