PDA

View Full Version : Tree injection systems (Arbor-jet)

lklandscaping
02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with tree injection systems, and wether it is worth me investing in one? I have heard great things from homeowners, but I have never heard from a landscaper's point of view...

Steve
02-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I think I might have seen a couple of discussions on here about that in the past but I would have to wonder, how into servicing trees are you?

Do you offer a wide list of services when it comes to trees or are you mainly focused on lawns?

lklandscaping
02-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Mainly Lawns.... I subcontract when it comes to tree work, but lately a competor of mine has had quite a lot of success with tree injection services....

Mainly, I'm just looking into the possibility of offering this as a service some time down the road.

Steve
02-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Is there a way you can test them out somehow? Possibly on your own trees or someone elses for free to see what kind of results you get?

What would you be treating with them?

CaseyLawnCare
05-11-2010, 04:11 AM
Well you will laugh at this.
When i was younger i worked for a guy that did manly sprinklers.
we had to one day install a sprinkler.
Just 1.
It took us 3 days, why because we had to install is 3 feet under ground. for a trees. the house owner did not what it to be seen at all.

So we put a bubbler at the end of are house.

After 2 years we where called back because the tree's roots did spread out. there stayed my there water source. this was very bad for the owner.

He got a new roof for his house. and a new car.

but for us we hated the job it sucks when you get old people that have to hate it the why they what it, even when we told him not to do it that way he did. so he got what was coming to him.

So long story. i dont and will never but a water source close to a tree. I am okay with the flower around a tress need water but never a sprinkler for just a tree. its not smart sometimes.