PDA

View Full Version : Website evaluation

lklandscaping
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone has time to kill if they don't mind evaluating my website. Please click here (http://www.lklandscaping.webs.com)to visit it.

Thanks

Yard Elements
02-23-2010, 08:20 PM
I took a look. Not bad for free! You should add a portfolio or works completed type page with pictures of your work and some pics in general.

Some people will read all that text but most skim it like I did. If you add some really great pics they will, want to read about the picture.

Keep the text to a min. about yourself and what you do. If you want to write alot of text make in informational about grass etc. other than that tell people what you'll do for them.

It's called "you" Marketing that's what I do online and I get a lot of calls from that.

Like " Grass Growing too fast, No time to mow and still want a green lawn".

Tell them what they get. No what you have to offer.

Beacuse no offense but most people don't really care about YOU they care about themselves. They aren't on your website to learn about you they are there to see what You can do for THEM!

I tell people all the time you should read Guerrilla Marketing. Great book. I'm still on here all the time asking questions though.

Hop that helps!!!:D

lklandscaping
02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks,

I agree with you compleatly. For the amount of clients I have (40) I don't see it compleatly neccessary for a paid-for site. After I expand and take in some commercial accounts I plan on steping up the marketing aspect of the business.

I'm definitly going to abide by your reccomendations, and change up the site a bit. Less me and more them (client).

ProCut TM
02-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Looks pretty good

feel free to take a look at mine for ideas, I also advise looking at as many of your competitors as you can.

I like the online bill pay is it just paypal or are there other methods?

XtreemGreen
02-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Looks good so far... but Id recommend making your font alittle bigger...

ex:: Welcome to Lawn King Landscaping's online homepage.

bigger :: Welcome to Lawn King Landscaping's online homepage.

picframer
02-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Looks good, I would encourage you to increase your font size to almost twice the size. Good Luck and check out Web CEO it's a free software that will let you know your rankings, look for errors, submit to the search engines for you etc.

PN Landscaping
02-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Looks good. I like the On-line Payment. In todays market people want the ease of on-line invoicing and payment. Plus now you can market to them - "Get miles every time you pay for our landscaping services etc." I also agree strongly with Yard Elements reply. I am in the process of adding "before" and "after" pictures to a another tab on my website. Feel free to compare to my website and let me know what you think I am missing. Best Wishes!

Dwight
Perfectly Natural Landscaping, LLC
(224) 2MR-LAWN
www.pnlandscaping.com

Leon
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Good start I think on the payment page you need to spell the word (towards) out. I think you have to much going on as far as making different payment amount. I would keep that part simple. Like the other's you need some pics customers want to see your work. Also nice LOGO. check my page out www.envisionlawn.com

Good Luck

Can You Envision The Possibilities...We Can!

lklandscaping
02-24-2010, 06:04 AM
Looks pretty good

feel free to take a look at mine for ideas, I also advise looking at as many of your competitors as you can.

I like the online bill pay is it just paypal or are there other methods?

At this time it is just pay pal. I can accept cards via. phone, and through my invoices program.

lklandscaping
02-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Looks good, I would encourage you to increase your font size to almost twice the size. Good Luck and check out Web CEO it's a free software that will let you know your rankings, look for errors, submit to the search engines for you etc.

Thanks very much, i'm looking in to it now....

lklandscaping
02-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Good start I think on the payment page you need to spell the word (towards) out. I think you have to much going on as far as making different payment amount. I would keep that part simple. Like the other's you need some pics customers want to see your work. Also nice LOGO. check my page out www.envisionlawn.com

Good Luck

Can You Envision The Possibilities...We Can!

oops, thnaks I didn't notice that error

Steve
02-24-2010, 12:57 PM
I like the colors and the theme, nice work!

lklandscaping
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I took care of the small font, and spelling errors. I will post B&A photographs soon.

If you have not yet evaluated the site you can check it out by clicking here (http://www.lklandscaping.webs.com).