PDA

View Full Version : need advise

rawssrob
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
where im from the grass grows very fast in the spring. Most of my yards are small homes with lots of landscaping. The biggest thing that is worrying me at the moment is my JD walkbehind that I bought at the very end of the year blows the clippings like 10 to 15 feet which is not to much smaller than the yard. So what I want to know is what do you guys do in these situations. Do you just blow it into the beds, mulch it( which i think may be difficult in the spring), or do you direct the debris some other how. Last year was my first year and I push mowed so the grass didnt fly to far.

I hope somebody can give me some insight. It might be just the waiting for the season thats driving me crazy.

CHEESE2009
02-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Why not just build a deflector? Or see if your dealer has an attachment for your mower?

rawssrob
02-23-2010, 04:24 PM
It looks like that's what im going to do. miht get some gator blades and see if that helps any.

picframer
02-23-2010, 04:48 PM
where im from the grass grows very fast in the spring. Most of my yards are small homes with lots of landscaping. The biggest thing that is worrying me at the moment is my JD walkbehind that I bought at the very end of the year blows the clippings like 10 to 15 feet which is not to much smaller than the yard. So what I want to know is what do you guys do in these situations. Do you just blow it into the beds, mulch it( which i think may be difficult in the spring), or do you direct the debris some other how. Last year was my first year and I push mowed so the grass didnt fly to far.

I hope somebody can give me some insight. It might be just the waiting for the season thats driving me crazy.

Is it the JS21? If so, put Gator mulching blades on it and the plug where the discharge is, no more clippings, it's what we do with all the machines that mow.

rawssrob
02-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Is it the JS21? If so, put Gator mulching blades on it and the plug where the discharge is, no more clippings, it's what we do with all the machines that mow.

no, Its a 7h17 48 inch with the 7 iron deck

ProCut TM
02-24-2010, 12:47 AM
mulch it or bag it, no other option
make sure you are cutting the grass high enough
click on your type of grass (https://www.seedsuperstore.com/ask_the_expert/know_your_turfgrass/) for information

I cut at 4" on most of my lawns (st augustine here in sunny FL)

picframer
02-24-2010, 06:26 AM
no, Its a 7h17 48 inch with the 7 iron deck

Thanks, this is the same deck we have on one of the tractors, there is a kit you can get from Deere which basically allows you to pull a lever and go from side discharge to mulching, I have no idea what the cost is as I ordered it with the setup as a package deal.