PDA

View Full Version : Organic Lawn Care

underhistallit
06-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been looking into the organic fertiliations and pesticides and have thought that this may be a good niche to get into. I have heard though that the products are thre times more expensive and less than half as effective. Of course someone buying organic would expect to pay more but I do not tink it would work well if the results are not comparable to mainstream fertilization programs.

They make organic ferts out of a variety of things such as sea weed and kelp, chicken crap, etc. I have never found a selective herbicide for broad leaf weeds though.

Has anyone here ever tried an organic service before? If so wat were the results of using these products?

Thanks,
Jason

kc2006
06-27-2006, 06:41 PM
If you go onto ******** there is a sponsor on there that has a forum, they have everything you'd need, selective/non selective herbicides, weed & feed, everything. Their non selective herbicide is something like 350 dollars for 5 gallons of concentrat and that makes 50 gallons I think. Where as a gallon of round up or prosecutor makes about the same and is around 100 dollars....So yea the stuff is pricey.

Steve
06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Kurt, do you have the direct link to the forum?