PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy used backpack blower - TX

pboy8634
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Looking to buy a used backpack blower in the Denton, TX area.

Let me know,
Preston

Steve
02-23-2010, 09:29 AM
If no one gets back to you on here, have you looked on craigslist.com too?

pboy8634
02-23-2010, 12:11 PM
yeah i have. i'm just scared of purchasing something and it work for a week or two then stop working.

Steve
02-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I can understand and if that is a big enough issue, you can always get one with a guarantee from a dealer, but if you see something you like online and can go and try it out first, you should be able to feel, see and hear if it looks like it is working properly.

Keep us posted.

figtree
03-02-2010, 11:50 AM
I purchased mine from ebay two yrs ago and it's still going strong. Just besure that the person your buying it from has great feedback not to mention a guarantee. Good Luck

Looking to buy a used backpack blower in the Denton, TX area.

Let me know,
Preston

Florida Mowin
03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't like to purchase used equipment from e-bay, but craigslist is a must use for small businesses like us.
I purchase many items from craigslist with great success. Both new and used.
Like Steve says; go look at the item, check it's overall maintenance, run the equipment. You know what they sound like, and know if it's been taken care of or not. Not like they can set it up to break down in a month after it's been purchased.
Very important to remember though: Do NOT be afraid to say No Thanks!
Just because you went there don't feel obligated to purchase, or pay full asking price.

pboy8634
03-02-2010, 11:12 PM
I purchased an Echo PB-413T off of Ebay. I think the seller was a member from this forum. I got it today, it runs well and starts easy, the only problem I have is that the throttle control is broken and he didn't mention any thing about it in the description, he only mentioned the part about the hose being taped up but I was fine with that. So I'll be going to see my Echo dealer tomorrow to see what I can get a new throttle control will cost me.