PDA

View Full Version : Weed Prevention from customer to customer

winkie61
02-22-2010, 11:55 AM
:confused:I want to prevent carrying weed seeds from my mower to another customer's yard. I currently spray my mower with a premix of bleach and water 50/50 mix. I spray the deck and blades. Is this good for killing the seeds under my deck? If not does anyone have any ideas or products that can prevent this from happening?:confused:

Thanx, Winkie61

picframer
02-22-2010, 12:30 PM
:confused:I want to prevent carrying weed seeds from my mower to another customer's yard. I currently spray my mower with a premix of bleach and water 50/50 mix. I spray the deck and blades. Is this good for killing the seeds under my deck? If not does anyone have any ideas or products that can prevent this from happening?:confused:

Thanx, Winkie61

We use a product made by Simple Green as it's bio degradable and non toxic, what you are doing works however I am not a fan of bleach.

winkie61
02-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanx Andy for all the help:)

picframer
02-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanx Andy for all the help:)

Anytime, they have five or six products and we use a number of them for pressure washing also.

http://www.simplegreen.com/products_family.php

It was a hit with clients last year as their products are 100% safe and friendly.

Thanks

Andy

There products are a hit with customers who want their siding or deck pressure washed as it will not kill grass or plants, it's 100% friendly which gives us a leg up.

Steve
02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Andy, do you find that you wash the underside of your mower between jobs?

picframer
02-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Andy, do you find that you wash the underside of your mower between jobs?

Here is what we do, some clients have no issues so we do them as a group, then we have clients with weeds, we do them at the end of the day then wash that night, if the client has insects then all the equipment is done including the trailer bed at the end of the job. It is a pain but as you may recall we know that one of the gated communities we picked up had grub introduced by the previous lawn care company which ended up doing thousands of dollars in damage as they sprayed for cinch bug when the real issue was grubs and I knew as soon as I was called out to look what the issue was, after we arrived and sprayed for grubs, all activity stopped within 48 hours.