PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ontario Canada

homesenseproperty
02-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Hey there, I recently started my property maintenance business after getting laidoff in Sept from 13year career in the Trucking industry as a dispatcher. I bought a truck & plow in the hopes of cashing in on our usual winter dumping, but the area I am in, just east of Toronto, we've seen almost no snow...so it hasn't been a great start. I have the basic lawn equipment to serve a small residential property, and hope to build off that into serving commercial properties as well. Any help or advice that you guys could pass on my way would be greatly appreciated...especially tips and advice on pricing jobs. Thanks in advance to everyone!

Steve
02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Welcome to our forum!

I recently started my property maintenance business

What kind of services are you going to be offering and how are you going about promoting them?

homesenseproperty
02-23-2010, 02:47 PM
As for services, the basic Spring & Fall Clean-up's, Lawn Cutting, Trimming, Flowerbed Maintenance & Planting, Fence & Deck Restoration & Repairs, and possibly power washing (Decks/Driveways/Siding). I also do general handyman repairs & painting. As far as promoting....I've only used free services so far...Kijiji, Craigslist and other local free classified sites. I also hand out business cards when possible and have my truck lettered my company name, logo & phone number. I am planning on adding more lettering to show some services I offer.

Steve
02-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I love your truck and your logo.

Do you have a website? It sure would look nice to have your website address on the back of your truck.

Remember we have a lot of free web templates (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7218) on here you could use and get yourself up and running if you dont have one already.