PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Ads

CloseCuts
02-21-2010, 07:35 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried to advertise on Facebook? And i mean pay per click on Facebook. If so how do you like it and do you think its worth it? I've read about it and it really looks great because you can target who you want.

Thanks,
Cyle Hostedler

ProCut TM
02-21-2010, 08:46 PM
My cousin is using it for his flooring company. He says it's good. I've not tried it yet, but I do have a free fan page.

XtreemGreen
02-21-2010, 08:52 PM
HAvent tried Facebook, But Im using Twitter for my forums... Nothing so far..My members dont even follow me on it... :(

justin_time
02-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried to advertise on Facebook? And i mean pay per click on Facebook. If so how do you like it and do you think its worth it? I've read about it and it really looks great because you can target who you want.

Thanks,
Cyle Hostedler

I have tried using keywords like : lawn care, landscaping and they don't seem to have those as keywords. I don't know if it's just me but your selected for keywords which kind of sucks

CHEESE2009
02-22-2010, 12:30 AM
I honestly don't think it would be a good idea to advertise lawn maintenance on Facebook.

There is so much to consider.

Though if you do it, pay per click.

The cons of using facebook for ads is pretty simple. It's like coming onto the gopher forum & seeing an ad for dish soap, 1/100,000 people will click on it, & it will usually be by accident.

And there aren't a lot of options when it comes to advertising lawn service, basically what Justin said.

Even then, they don't narrow down your ads to the areas you want enough. You'd be getting calls from the next city over.

Basically for me it's like: Canada > Montreal

Where as Montreal has loads of cities, yet I only do business in 2-3.

As for the target audience, you get to choose how old your target market is.

No age of the targeted audience have any reason to use Facebook to find a service provider, considering there are so many easier & better ways to do so. All they have to do is Google lawn service & their city name, done.

The only people who can use Facebook ads with good results, are shops & websites, or Facebook partners.

I can't imagine Facebook generating any leads for lawn service, I seriously can't.

Advertising diarrhea medication in an Indian restaurants bathroom stall will generate more leads than lawn service ads on Facebook.

picframer
02-22-2010, 05:40 AM
I was curioius about this so I filled out a campaign, $0.31 per click seems like a lot, I am not that keen pay per click based on a little research it stated less than 30% of those who click are actually looking for the product or service, they are simply curious.

I will save the campaign for now and perhaps try it in May just to see what happens as we now have room for additional spray clients due to additional equipment. I see there are 131,000 people that my selection would apply to, over 35 and within 10 miles of Halifax.

Steve
02-22-2010, 09:01 AM
If you are going to buy pay per click advertising on the internet, why limit it to facebook? Why not use google?

Whats your thought on that?

My cousin is using it for his flooring company. He says it's good.

Does he only advertise through facebook? It would be fascinating to know what % of his new customers come from online ads like that.

CloseCuts
02-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Well i'm going to try it out for a month or so and see if i get any business from it. I will keep you guys updated on my progress.

jymie
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
If your going to do pay per click, use Google for it. They have it so you can narrow the area down to the zip code/city that you want to target. A much better value than other options out there.

picframer
02-22-2010, 08:29 PM
If your going to do pay per click, use Google for it. They have it so you can narrow the area down to the zip code/city that you want to target. A much better value than other options out there.

This is why I stay clear of pay per click

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1024_3-6090939.html

jymie
02-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Thats an interesting article. I will add that I tried yahoo pay per click last year and I felt that click fraud happened to me as the funds expired way to quick, almost daily, so after 3 days of $30 deposits, I stopped them with yahoo. Google has not done that to me and perhaps it may happen, but so far it has not.

Steve
02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Can't you set a maximum you want to spend per day?

picframer
02-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Can't you set a maximum you want to spend per day?

Yes you can and let's say it's $30.00 however 20 to 40% of the clicks are fraud then you are paying $6.00 to $12.00 a day for nothing. That adds up in a real hurry.

Steve
02-24-2010, 01:06 PM
however 20 to 40% of the clicks are fraud then you are paying $6.00 to $12.00 a day for nothing.

That is very interesting! Where did you hear about these figures from? I'd be interested in reading more about this.

picframer
02-24-2010, 02:10 PM
That is very interesting! Where did you hear about these figures from? I'd be interested in reading more about this.

Just Google Pay Per Click Fraud and there is tons of News articles

Upscale2
03-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Actually quite the contrary. You can laser target your audience geographically and demographically. You could actually target a person right down to a book they may have read or favorited. Maybe a Lawn Care Book??

Also, as far as the PPC part of it you can put in a suggested PPC amount, you don't have to go with the full amount. Just a word of advise, go at about 50% of the suggest PPC amount, that way you won't get shut off.

:cool:

Steve
03-29-2010, 07:28 PM
It is a fascinating topic. It seems that very few forum members have made the jump to internet marketing and search engine optimization.

I do wonder if the age of a business comes into play with this. Do older businesses tend to go into internet marketing more or maybe newer ones.

But it does seem most newer business owners tend to focus more on social marketing than internet marketing.

Upscale2
11-02-2010, 05:35 PM
You don't have to pay the full amount on FB PPC usually you can set the price. It is recommended that you start at half never less or you may get in trouble.

You can also advertise to specific people, geography etc....when you are setting up your advertising you will be able to pinpoint your target market and set limits on how many PPC per day you will allow.

Along with other advertising it can be very effective. How about your local directory on Google Maps, or a YouTube Channel, Blog and Website.

I am using video marketing now and have been filling my funnel everyday. Soon I will be ruling my area in NH. Sorry guys!:D

Steve
11-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Do you have any videos online that you can show us? I'd love to see them.