PDA

View Full Version : New member from Illinois

Lawnboy618
02-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi my names andy. Me and my brother have started a lawn care business. I have previously cut grass for another company and decided to go out and start my own.

JP Landscaping
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
hi andy,

welcome. How far are you as far as planning your business?
have you registered, made a business plan, have equipment??

Just curious as this year I too will start on my law care side of the business and we're the same age so we could probably help each other out...also i'm an accountant so I can help you out in that part

Steve
02-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Hi Andy,

Welcome to our forum.

What made you all decide to go off on your own and start your own business?

Lawnboy618
02-21-2010, 12:13 PM
hi andy,

welcome. How far are you as far as planning your business?
have you registered, made a business plan, have equipment??

Just curious as this year I too will start on my law care side of the business and we're the same age so we could probably help each other out...also i'm an accountant so I can help you out in that part

Thanks, as far as the business aspects my brother is handling all that(he has a masters in business) so i will let him handle all that... as far as bidding ive been lookin over the stuff and he submits them... We went with business name of , Metro East Lawn Care Services.... We have not bought all the mowers yet i believe we will this coming week though and we have already got a plow truck for winter too...

Steve
02-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Oh that is great!

What kind of lessons do you feel you have been able to take from your previous employer and apply to your new business now?