PDA

View Full Version : Mail Box

Yard Elements
02-20-2010, 07:52 PM
I have a disabled lady you needs a mailbox put in. She has the post, and the box. She just needs the old one taken out and the new one put in. The old one does not have any concrete. She bought a six foot mail post.

What would you charge????????

Thanks to everybody for all there help.

XtreemGreen
02-20-2010, 08:26 PM
$0.00 is what Id charge her....

ProCut TM
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
$o.oo help her out it will make you feel all warm inside.

picframer
02-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Sometimes a kind gesture by us is one of the most powerful marketing tools there is, I would do it for free and have done similar things no charge and it really paid off. I didn't do it to get more business I did it because the clients were good, in this case for me, no charge.

XtreemGreen
02-20-2010, 09:30 PM
One thing I found out years ago... 2 words... Thank You.. Those 2 words go a looooong way sometimes....

JP Landscaping
02-20-2010, 09:57 PM
What they said... I would charge $0.00

Older people know A LOT of other people and they like telling them about the nice person who installed their mail box for free... or the nice young man who trimmed their hedges for free.

Yard Elements
02-20-2010, 10:03 PM
I can't do it for free I'm not on the up and up yet, plus it will cost em money for concrete, but I'll do it cheap cheap cheap! I'm not ballen out of control if you get me I do need the cash, and I already have done tons of free stuff for her. I was just tryen to get a ballpark figure. I'll keep it low though thanks for the advice.

XtreemGreen
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
$10... That should cover gas and concrete...

ProCut TM
02-20-2010, 10:56 PM
if the new pole is 6' you might not need the crete but if you wanted to add it to be safe a bag will run you about $3.50 at home depot. Make sure the level of the crete stays below the ground level, or a good frost could pop it right out. (according to Mike Holmes of "Holmes on Homes")

Steve
02-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Is she a current lawn care customer or a neighbor of a customer? How did she find you?

CHEESE2009
02-21-2010, 10:39 AM
(according to Mike Holmes of "Holmes on Homes")

I love that show!

"it's all going to have to come down!" lol

Yard Elements
02-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Is she a current lawn care customer or a neighbor of a customer? How did she find you?

She is a current customer. She has a contract with someone that is a year long contract, she has to pay $350 to get out of it. I do the other stuff the "regular" won't because he doen't want to take the time to give her a quote. She also likes me, because I help her carry in her groceries and stuff alot when I'm there working. She says she goes shopping on purpose if she knows I will be there to help her. I could (really)use a little cash, feb. was SLOW but don't want to over charge her.

She gave me a receipt from lowes to pick up the post for her.

She found because she had moss in her lawn, I spread some scott's fertilizer and moss killer. She also wants me to renovate her front lawn.

Steve
02-22-2010, 08:18 AM
I think she will be very happy that you are helping her and will tell others about you. So in the long run you will benefit from helping her out like this.

Keep us posted.