PDA

View Full Version : I'm really new

fredthewolverine
02-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Hey all,
my name is Freddy I really know nothing about landscaping, but a friend of mine talked me into starting a lawn mowing company and I got excited about it. So I got some equipment, nothing expensive made flyers for aeration and yard clean up and mowing for when it's time.
I got a call for yard clean up and I did it, my first yard with my friend and I had a blast, I was in the landscaping business. But today my friend said he doesn't want to be part of the business with me; I think he just wants to start his own without a partner now that we know how easy it is to Start.
But I don't know how to do anything in this field but i'm totally excited and want to keep going. Thats whats up with me. Any advice would be so helpful.
Thanks.

Steve
02-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi Freddy,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things are you doing now to take your business further?

fredthewolverine
02-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome. My next step is to make business cards and hand them out everywhere I go, I also think I might buy some leads and call people over the phone. The only reason why I'm even considering this route is because my best friend owns a call center and he said I can have my own desk and computer. I asked if I could give him commission for each job he sells but he says It's to small change for him, so maybe Ill call myself. other than that I have no other tools or know how to get business except word of mouth.

XtreemGreen
02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard...

You've come to the right place to learn a thing or 2...

Tell us how you came across gopherforums..
Where are you from? That way we can better help you..

Oh....1 last thing.... Use the search function and READ, Read, read....

fredthewolverine
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
I just googled lawn care service and one of the sites was GopherHaul. I have been listening to Steve and his web shows they are helpful.
I live in Utah, so the seasons not very long. But that might be a good thing for me because i'm a college student and I still have about 3 years to go. I would like to work really hard this upcoming summer and hopefully build my business so that next year I can hire more people, also I want to earn property owners trust so that I can also do handy man jobs around the house or property, or anything else.
But my first step is to get work cleaning yards and gardens and aerating.

Steve
02-22-2010, 08:42 AM
I also think I might buy some leads and call people over the phone. The only reason why I'm even considering this route is because my best friend owns a call center and he said I can have my own desk and computer.

This is very interesting! What kinds of things do they do at this call center? I do wonder how they could help you more.

fredthewolverine
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM
He sells some kind of investor training software, I don't know to much about it but I know that each sale is like 1,000-1,500 $ . But since he doesn't want to sell my service I'll just sit down a few hours a day and make calls.
today I hung 140 door hangers for aeration and yard clean up and such. I also called a cousin of mine who I barely even know, but he owns a landscaping business and I asked him if he could teach me some things kinda like an apprentice and he said I could so that is going to help me too.

Steve
02-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I also called a cousin of mine who I barely even know, but he owns a landscaping business and I asked him if he could teach me some things kinda like an apprentice and he said I could so that is going to help me too.
Oh that is fantastic! Keep us posted on how that goes!

Did you get a chance to talk to anyone as you handed out your door hangers?