PDA

View Full Version : A newbie Hello From Minnesotah!

Andrew7dg
02-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Hello,

I am in the landscape/garden business and picked up the book
HOW TO GET CUSTOMERS for your landscaping and lawn care business Vol2.
when I bought the book I didn't realize that there is a Volume 1 and 3 so should I pick those up also?

Background of myself, I have worked at the end of high school mowing lawns for a company, it made a great college job. The company went into the landscaping side of the business and I jumped on to that opportunity. At college I studied in the Landscaping field and now have my Bachelors of Environmental Design degree (BED) from the University of Minnesota. I switch landscaping companies and got into water features and gardening (which is like the lawn mowing business but just taking care of the plants in the landscaping beds).

I am ambitious now! I want to start my own business and be my own boss. I am happy that this book brought me to this community of entrepreneurs because I am going to need all the encouragement I can get. Spring is coming soon and I want to make sure I have everything in place.

So after reading some of the book and remembering the lawn mowing days, it is actually making me thing to purchase some equipment and dedicate part of my week to just mowing clients lawns.

Hobbies
I love the outdoors, cooking, I know my wines (which make great presents after a patio/landscape is complete)
I have a passion about car and trucks. I love to restore them or modify my cars. I am looking around for a classic truck to pull the lawn mower or to work landscaping out of. I think it would be a great marketing or eye catcher tool to the public.

The name of the company is Andrew's Classic Gardens (with the logo focusing a little more on Classic Gardens) I figured when I get the classic truck the name will complement the truck and the image of the company. Thoughts and opinions from the experts?

I used the word Classic
Definition that I found on it

Judge over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind

I put my self on a high expectation when I use that word but I am dedicated on installing good landscape and gardens.

Thanks!

ProCut TM
02-19-2010, 11:22 AM
WELCOME

It sounds like you have a good grip on things. The one thing I could say is keep your growth slow and steady. I've seen a lot of people go too big too soon, and fair because of it.

Steve
02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Andrew,

Welcome to our forum!

You certainly have a lot going on!

All the books are there to give you ideas and inspire you. Whats next in your plan to promote your business?

When you worked with the other companies what kinds of things did they do to attract new customers? Can you utilize some of those ideas?