PDA

View Full Version : Hi new member from Virginia with lots of questions..lol

DoradoLandscaping
02-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi, Thanks to all who opened my thread my one question at the moment is what is the best time to market my company? I was thinking now (late Feb) but i'm totally clueless I want to do door hangers but I dont want to waste money if the consumers eyes arent really looking this time if year. Should I wait a month or so? Thanks again. Ron Buck

Steve
02-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi Ron,

Welcome to our forum!

Were you running your business last year? When did you start marketing then?

DoradoLandscaping
02-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Well I didnt do any residential work the first year bc I had 45 cell sites the I did all the ground up work mowing,tree pruning etc. but this year 2010 I'm ready for more work like residential type lawn mowing but I'm clueless on when to market my company I'm thinking now and also does door hangers work? Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate all advise you have to help me grow. Thanks Ron Buck

Ps: I live in Northern,va

Steve
02-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Ron,

One of the first things you should do is work your social network. Giving business cards to everyone you know and having them hand out cards too.

If you are looking for a simple way of knowing when to start distributing door hangers, look for the spring marketing material from the big box stores like Home Depot and when you see them promoting Spring products (mowers, outdoor chairs, bbq's) that is a signal it's time to start marketing with the door hangers.

Do door hangers work? Well they seem to work best when you can talk to the homeowner and hand them something. Then give them an estimate on the spot. If you just drop them at the door without talking, you might get a 1% response. But you improve that response rate by getting to know them and talking to them and making the sale.

The more people you know, the more people that can potentially hire you so get to know more people.

I didnt do any residential work the first year bc I had 45 cell sites the I did all the ground up work mowing,tree pruning etc.

How did you like taking care of cell sites? I dont think I have seen anyone on here yet do that. How did you land those jobs? What did you like or dislike about them? Are you doing them again this year?