PDA

View Full Version : Drugs or Respect

CHEESE2009
02-17-2010, 07:48 PM
I often share my life stories with the forum, & it's always about a disastrous situation. I got myself into a real puzzle lately & all of your opinions have been helpful from day 1 when I came to this forum.

Anyway, this one is long. Though it's very interesting, you may even get a little frustrated at what happens in the story & how you might have wished you were there to deal with the situation better than I have. Some people just have little to no respect for those who give a helping hand.

Here is the story:

I have a family member who is draining my nerves.

We’ll call this family member Batman.

Batman has a friend who we’ll call Joker.

Joker isn’t the most likable person in the world, in fact I actually DO hate Joker. :mad:

Joker is the worst influence on Batman. Turning Batman into the, “I can’t be happy if you don’t let me do drugs, I hate you” type of person. :mad:

Batman was very innocent & successful, Batman has a pretty big list of accomplishments.

Batman was to me, the best person to hangout with. All of a sudden in recent months, Joker comes into Batman’s life & things start going downhill.

I notice this within the first few weeks, & I tell Batman my opinion. Batman tells me not to interfere, that Joker was apart of Batman’s life several years ago & they are just becoming friends again.:confused:

Batman’s attitude had changed so much ever since Joker arrived, & I am unable to do anything about it.

Batman shows me no respect, & doesn’t understand how Joker is quickly hurting everyone, including Batman's other friends. If there were a balance between having common sense versus complete idiot, common sense would be launched to the moon. Joker is that dumb. I write everything on behalf of myself & Batman's other fading away friends. One of Batman's best lovable friends is moving away, so this makes everything so much more impossible to prevent.

My friendship with Batman has reached a new low, apparently I’m a bad person for having a valid opinion. Even with extreme reasoning, I am unable to help.

I just had an argument with Batman. I recently picked up yet another cell phone & gave it to Batman as a gift. This phone didn’t have a lot of perks, but I hoped that Batman would appreciate the gift none the less.

The rules for the cell phone were simple, follow the plan & don’t go over unless it’s an emergency. Do not let Joker use it, & don’t use it for anything illegal. (I seriously said this), I also mentioned that if there is a land-line near by, use that phone instead! (I tell Batman not to let Joker use it, because Joker has that annoying habit of showing how cool it is to be on other peoples cell phones, I have seen it happen & I have heard other peoples stories of how aggravating it is.)

Apparently calling drug dealers, & letting Joker borrow the phone to call the world every time they hang out is emergency situation, & my restrictions don’t apply.:mad:

I found this out after I got my phone bill. I thought there had to be a mistake with the company, no way would I ever have a phone bill like this.

I went online to check my phone & my usage was UNDER what I’m allowed. I got curious & checked Batman’s usage.

The usage was over the max by a lot. Just imagine it only took 17 days for Batman to go over the limit 2 times.

Back to the story…

I called Batman after checking the phone usage. I remembered that Batman & Joker were hanging out the previous night, so I asked “If you were hanging out with Joker last night, why did you need to call the world then?”

Batman’s response, “I can do what I want with the phone, what’s the point of having it if I don’t get to use it! I didn’t even let Joker use it I made those calls myself! We wanted to have fun so I called the drug dealers, why do you restrict me from having fun? You are ruining my life & you are pissing me off, I hate you. It shouldn’t matter who I call as long as I follow the plan!”

I then explained that the plan wasn’t followed.

Batman’s response #2:

“Well I didn’t know, I’m sorry, but you’re really pissing me off right now. It’s not a big deal. What so I’m only allowed to call my friends now? I’m not allowed to have fun?! You are restricting me & I hate it!” WTF

I then tried to explain my situation, as the person who PAYS for the f’ing phone. “Put yourself in my shoes” that’s all I could say before Batman hung up on me.:mad:

I got pissed & dialed Batman’s house phone to speak with the parents, but Batman picked up. (Batman's parents are great people & agree with me on my thoughts about Joker, though they are scared to do anything about it, they don't want to upset Batman)

I tried again, “Put yourself in my shoes…”

I didn’t even get to finish again. Batman instantly told me to shut up, shut up, shut up!:mad:

I said, “I’m coming over to take the phone, bye”.:D

So I grabbed the keys & floored it like an ******* to the house where Batman was waiting.

I shouted at the top of my lungs, “GET THE F’ IN THE TRUCK YOU SELFISH PIECE OF S’” (it felt so good, you have no idea)

And it worked, Batman got in the truck & this is how it went.

Scott: You are not leaving until you understand why I am not the bad guy. It’s not about the phone bill, it’s about your lack of respect for me, as someone who goes out of their way to give you a gift so you CAN have more freedom, yet you abuse it & call me every name in the book!” (doesn't that make sense?)

Batman: BUT…

Scott: SHUT THE HELL UP! Why can’t you appreciate what I have done for you, instead you ruin everything! Why can’t you be thankful for what you have? Why can’t you follow a simple f’ing rule? Did you even know that cell phones cost money? Stop being a damn idiot, it comes out of my pocket! If anyone else heard what you had to say earlier, they would be laughing at how pathetic you are. I have never been so disappointed in my entire life.

Batman: I just wanted to have fun, why the f’ can’t I use it to have fun?

Finally I get to say it… (oh yeah, this also felt good):cool:

Scott: Put yourself in my shoes, you have a job. You are a good person & feel it’s the right thing to do to buy someone important in your life a cell phone, because you care & it makes you happy to make someone else happy. This important person in your life decides to break one simple rule, you receive a large phone bill & just for the record, more than half of the outgoing calls are to strangers & drug dealers. Wouldn’t you be upset if you had to pay the bill for this person’s wrong doing, & to be treated like crap by him/her for explaining the simple rules a second time?

IT GETS WORSE.

Things calm down, & Batman says to me, “This is going to piss you off & I’m scared to say it.

Scott: Tell me.

Batman: Joker is moving in with me, Jokers parents kicked Joker out”

I turn the key & start the truck...

Scott: Keep the phone. There really is no hope for you. One day you will have to choose between Joker or reality. Get out of my truck.

(All of the argument was done as Batman was high, that's how annoyed I am)

Anyway, my question is. What the heck do I do? Was everything handled properly?

For your knowledge:

Joker’s parent’s grow pot in their house & probably don’t give a damn about the situation, & Joker does drugs all day every day. Not just pot. Joker had Batman try all sorts of drugs, & I get to hear all of the wonderful stories from Batman while trying not to blow up & mention my opinion.

Imagine this scenario.

I call Batman

Batman: Hello?

Scott: What are you up to?

Batman: I’m with Joker.

Scott: Let me guess.. You’re high?

Batman: Yes.

Scott: Call me when you’re not high. Goodbye.

Imagine that scenario happening every damn time I call.

I’m fed up with Joker, & Joker needs to go. Though Batman does not see eye to eye with me. The only time we argue is when it involves Joker, & I always lose.

It’s not even the drugs that really get to me, it’s the change in attitude I see in Batman, & Batman's idea of what a good time involves. It makes me sick to my stomach, & I feel as if there is nothing I can do. Everything I say just goes straight through Batman.

What would you do if it were your son or daughter? Personally I think my palm would need ice.

Steve
02-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Do you ever get a chance to watch the show celebrity rehab and see how crazy drugs make these people act? There is no reasoning or logic behind it other than they want their next fix and they want it now.

If they want help, get them to a rehab. If they don't, I don't know what to do.

ProCut TM
02-18-2010, 09:46 AM
beat his a** and take the phone away.
you don't reward bad behavior and you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved.
this guy will get you busted too, if you ever have him in your vehicle and get pulled over it doesn't matter that the drugs are his and not yours. the cops will charge you.

rawssrob
02-18-2010, 11:11 AM
I would get the phone back from him. I have heard that if someone makes a drug deal or something illegal on your phone you could be held accountable as if you made the call. I would be a shame if you lost your business that you have worked so hard for due to Batmans selfish behavior.

Steve
02-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Any updates to this?

CHEESE2009
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Well the problem with Batman, & many kids these days is that they can only seriously learn from their own mistakes. Telling them something to avoid future mistakes, will only cause them to talk back until they figure it out for themselves.

I can't tell Batman that Joker is the wrong type of person to hang around, because being rebellious is almost an addiction to those who never get the chance. If I tell Batman not to do something, Batman will want to do it even more!

Batman feels as though his/her childhood is going to fly by & he/she isn't ready to make the sacrifices in order to grow up.

I have tried to have an honest relationship with Batman, I mentioned my pastime & how I wasn't doing the right things while I was his/her age, though that has come back to bite me in the arse. Basically, I wanted him/her to ask me for advice because I had experience with several things, though now he/she see's it like, "Well you did it when you were my age, why can't I?"

I grew up with several crowds of friends & have been dumb enough to get kicked out of 5 different high-schools. I was always trying new & stupid things, & I've gotten myself into bus loads of trouble. It didn't take the police, my parents, or the people I've hurt to change me into the person I am today. A secretary of the last school I have been to reminded me on my way out, "One day you will have to take care of a family of your own" , by golly she was right! I needed to settle down & if I can't get school figured out, I better learn a trade that I'd be good at.

I felt so pressured to do well in school, that I couldn't! Once school was dropped, my life became clear. (Not a great thing to tell Batman, but it's true)

When I was Batman's age, I never felt pressured into anything, I didn't have an ego to feed, but I guess it had something to do with fear. I had a lack of knowledge about the real world & didn't have anyone to guide me, & I couldn't get help because I didn't know what questions to ask.

My biggest fear, was to grow up not knowing what to do, I felt hopeless.

What if my parents randomly died, what the heck would I do?

How do I start a business in order make enough money so I don't have to get a "job", so I can afford a stable life?

How do I get a license?

What is insurance?

What is tax?

What are politics?

Where does my money go & would I make enough?

etc.

I was thinking about all of this stuff since I was 13 years old. Everyone around me had good grades, even the bad kids. I would be lost forever.

I was so preoccupied with worrying about my future, that I felt hopeless & distracted in the present.

So the only thing I can do to help Batman, is to once again explain why now is the time to get his/her life straightened out.

I will give him/her all the right questions to ask & we will work together on finding the answers that he/she could understand.

I'm hoping that this puts a bit of fear into Batman, so it can fuel his/her need to take action now.

Though it's hard to say if it will work, but with the right answers to life's difficult questions, he/she should understand everything without him/her crawling under a rock & being intimidated by the truth.

ANYWAY

As for the drugs, I know Batman doesn't do them all the time. Though the fact is, he/she puts drugs before other varieties of "fun". Batman believes that it makes him/her happy & it's always a good time.

Instead of going on a roller coaster, I'll stay at home & watch a movie. With Batman, the alternative to everything is set in his/her mind to do drugs. It's pathetic.

I wonder if anyone has some good material that I can show Batman on the effects of drugs, short term & long term.

I know that there are also policemen who work in lawn service on this forum who can give me some facts. Any word of advice? Any stories I can tell Batman?

I'd like to guilt trip Batman, he/she needs to know why it's not a good idea to call "drug dealers" with my cell phone, & the things that could happen to myself & him/her.

I need Batman to understand ALL of the risks he/she is taking with drugs & hanging out with the wrong crowd of people.

Batman needs to understand that the things he/she is doing cannot be justified. If he/she says, "my grades are better" I gotta have some sort of response.

Thanks a lot guys!

Time to go get high, see ya!

HIGH ON LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha...:p

CHEESE2009
02-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Surprise surprise...

Batman was with Joker today & Joker got stabbed in the chest.

What a nice phone call... :mad:

ProCut TM
02-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Surprise surprise...

Batman was with Joker today & Joker got stabbed in the chest.

What a nice phone call... :mad:

maybe joker won't make it and your problem will work itself out

CHEESE2009
02-19-2010, 05:10 PM
maybe joker won't make it and your problem will work itself out

You know, as caring as I tried to sound over the phone knowing the situation was awful... I couldn't help but feel better & proud!

It's kinda like that, "haha, I warned you!" feeling. :D

Now if Batman doesn't realize anything by now, he/she must be brain dead.

I wonder what I'll hear about tomorrow! Lol!

(Apparently what happened was, Joker had to go pick up "clothes" he/she had left over at another friends house. This friend was waiting at the end of the driveway for Joker, & stabbed him/her)

Should be quite interesting, considering there was a stabbing the other day at a school 5 minutes away from me. I'll be sure to mention it to Batman's parents if they haven't heard about it yet.

Batman can whine all he/she wants, but he/she will have to understand in the future that it's for the best.

Lol... Why did I choose to name these people Batman & Joker... When I re-read, I just imagine ... well.. Batman & Joker... Hahaha!