PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper From Tennessee

jrodtn29
02-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I just decided in January that I was going to take on the adventure. I stumbled across this site and found a lot of great info. I really appreciate what you guys are doing and promise as soon as I can afford to I will donate and donate often. I look forward to getting enough business to need the software available. I have been in the parts business for 10 yrs and I am just tired of working for someone else and wanted to do something where I was the boss. I was able to work up my first bid today. Commercial bid that I will turn in this week. Should know soon if I got the job. I am very excited about this. I gotta a gut feeling this is about to take off. I have contacted several property management groups and have them thinking about me. The hard thing is finding people who are not in a contract already. I also intend to do some Residential to help get me started as well. I have flyers made up. Does anyone have a good suggestion as to the best way to get them in the hands of potential customers. I thought about handing them out to individuals I trust and offering a bird dog fee for successful contacts. Has anyone ever tried this? Did it work? What ways seem to be the best.

Steve
02-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Welcome to our forum.

I think the best way to get flyers out or get new customers is to talk to people. Talk with your friends and family. Give them business cards and have them hand them out to the people they know. Mow your extended family's lawn for free and talk to the neighbors to see if you can sign them up.

You should find it a lot easier to get started with residential properties than commercial.

Keep us posted on how all this goes.