PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the z turns

adamsmowing88
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I am planning on getting rid of the troybilt 42'' i bought last april. sell that and purchase a z turn. I am either looking at a toro or a john deere. I haven't ever hade niether products. could someone help me compare the two and give me a heads up on them. Thanks!!!

picframer
02-17-2010, 05:03 AM
I am planning on getting rid of the troybilt 42'' i bought last april. sell that and purchase a z turn. I am either looking at a toro or a john deere. I haven't ever hade niether products. could someone help me compare the two and give me a heads up on them. Thanks!!!

I am not familiar with the Toro, in our city it seems everything is either Kubota or Deere in the commercial side when it comes to ZTR's. I would suggest you buy what you can get serviced locally and serviced fast as down time in peak season can cost a pile of bucks, granted a new machine should not have any issues, stuff happens on job sites that are beyond our control sometimes.

I have a 997 Deere which is a great machine however I decided last fall to trade it this spring for another garden tractor, I fell in love with the Deere X749 last fall, it is all wheel drive and all wheel steer, It can mow just as fast as the ZTR, turn just as sharp however it allows me to do more things with it such as tilling, box blade, landscape rake, spraying etc.

Having said that what is your budget and how many places do you have to mow each week, what is the largest lawn in sq. feet, all this should be taken into consideration as you can start middle of the pack and always trade up as your business grows.