PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Georgiad

southeastcutterz
02-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello all, my name is Lee and im in the central georgia area looking to start up a lawncare business any help / links to help me get started will be greatly appreciated.

ProCut TM
02-16-2010, 04:41 PM
WELCOME

this is a good place to start, are you listed locally (http://www.yardsignswork.com/blog/2008/05/06/are-you-listed-locally/)

Steve
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi Lee,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in wanting to start your own lawn care business?

southeastcutterz
03-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Hello steve

Me and my buddy just enjoy being outside and want to get a side business started that will hopefully turn into a full time business. We have been pricing mowers and equipment any great recommendations are surely appreciated.

thanks Lee

Steve
03-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Are you checking on craigslist for used stuff or are you looking to buy new?

Have you been able to get any customers yet? Getting even a couple customers can really make a big difference in making you feel that this is REAL and you are doing it.

winkie61
03-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi Southeastcutterz, I'm originally from Sav, GA but I currently live in NC and have my own lawn care business for the past four years. I went full time last year and my business grew by 140%. I suggest pricing used equipment first, but if you can afford new buy new. The key is to get the equipment you can afford at the time to get the job done professionally. Upgrade as you go along and can afford it. Also, I recommend getting the gopher software for the thirty day free trial and you will discover that it will make your business and scheduling run much smoother. Believe me it is worth the investment. You will also get a book with the program on How to Operate Your Own Lawn Care and Landscaping Business. Helps with marketing ideas also. This forum is a must for new LCO'S. I'm not soliciting for gopher forum because I don't get a cent. I know that it has helped me tremendously. There is alot of people with experience on this forum that doesn't mind sharing information and helping out. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Steve
03-28-2010, 09:43 AM
First off thank you for all the kind comments.

. I went full time last year and my business grew by 140%.

When newer businesses are sitting here reading this, what do you think they need to do in order to find such growth? It doesn't happen just because you get started. There is a lot of blood, sweat and tears that make it happen but do you have any advice on some do's and dont's?

winkie61
03-29-2010, 03:28 AM
First off thank you for all the kind comments.

When newer businesses are sitting here reading this, what do you think they need to do in order to find such growth? It doesn't happen just because you get started. There is a lot of blood, sweat and tears that make it happen but do you have any advice on some do's and dont's?

Some of the do's and don'ts are as follows: Do a good job for your clients and go the extra mile; they will give you referrals, Invest back into the business through marketing i.e. getting flyers made, get magnetic signs posted on your vehicle with the business name, get involved in community activities to promote your business. Do not procrastinate when it comes to promoting your business. Basically doing a professional job will boost your business in itself. It may take awhile but it will happen. " No road is too long for him who advances slowly and does not hurry, and no attainment is beyond his reach who equips himself with patience to achieve." ( Jean de la Bruyere ).

Steve
03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Do not procrastinate when it comes to promoting your business.

I think this effects a lot of new business owners. Have you found at times you have to push to get through a feeling of procrastination to get out there and do things?

Are there any secrets to that? Do you try to make small goals to achieve, like today I am going to hand out 50 flyers, etc? Or whats the best way to push through that feeling of not wanting to do anything?