PDA

View Full Version : Fertilizing Question

psparaco
02-13-2010, 10:08 AM
I have look high and low on this subject online and figured i'd ask the question here. Why is it that any consumer can apply a liquid or dry granular fertilizer to thier own property without the need to have a license but once your in business for yourself. you have to have a license to apply such fertilizers on other's properties? My current customer base is solely residential. Regardless if i purchase the fertilizer or the customer buys it. I have to have al license to apply it. I dont think its a wise decision to say screw it and just apply it with the risk of being caught doing it. Also how would i even go about charging for such a service. Like how much does everyone charge for Fertlization, overseeding, aerating, dethatching? I know dethatching can be done during fall cleanup if the client has leaf that needs cleaned up. I am strongly debating on doing overseeding and fertilizer this year. I know with a mulching mower, the need for fertilizer is alot lower than without one. But i want to offer my clients more than just mowing, trimming, edging, cleanup. I am just looking for other venues that could prove to be beneficial toward them and me.

Thanks for any one's help on this in advance.

paul

Steve
02-14-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi Paul,

I can understand your point on this but it seems that any time you professionally do something, there will be an agency that wants to regulate it. Why with fertilization? Well I am sure because of some horror stories of one sort or the other of over fertilizing and killing the lawn or maybe something worse.

I think if you do a quick search on here you will find some pricing ideas for the different services. Also if you have a Lesco in the area you can talk to them about which product you should be applying and what the going rate for it is.

Does this help?