PDA

View Full Version : calling all tampa bay area lawn guys/gals

ProCut TM
02-13-2010, 01:28 AM
A couple of us were talking about getting together for a brain storming session, to learn from one another face to face. I think this is a good idea, and we could all benefit from it. We all have areas that we excel in.

Thoughts?
Comments?

I would like to put a meeting together before the season kicks in full tilt, sometime between now and mid March would be good.

Time? lunch?
Date? (now-March)
Location? Clearwater?

Steve
02-13-2010, 06:29 AM
How many are you looking to get to attend? Could you put some ads out on craigslist too or email companies in your area?

ProCut TM
02-13-2010, 01:51 PM
I be happy to get about 4-8 companies together.

XtreemGreen
02-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Ill be there.. Hell just to meet some good people..
You would think that these lawn forums would be flooded with guys from Florida.. but the majority are from the north..
I dont think craigslist would be a good idea..Thats where most of the low ballers hang out..

Location should be somewhere in the middle for anyone who will be coming..

ProCut TM
02-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I talked to Kevin O'neil he is in for our meet up

XtreemGreen
02-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I posted something on the other board also John...

ProCut TM
02-15-2010, 10:33 PM
so far we have 3 companies attending

ProCut TM
02-19-2010, 02:05 PM
lets set this up for next Wed. February 24th
lunch in Clearwater somewhere to be decided

sweetz
02-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Where in Clw?

ProCut TM
02-19-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm open for whatever.
got any suggestions?

XtreemGreen
02-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I posted the reply on the other site...I cant promise a weekday meet..

ProCut TM
02-20-2010, 01:49 PM
I posted the reply on the other site...I cant promise a weekday meet..

when is good for you I just threw a day out there to get it done.

do you have a wood chipper?

mentordas
02-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm open for whatever.
got any suggestions?

I would like to attend. Did you say Wednesday Feb 24 in Clearwater. Could you please call or email me with the Time and place? Thanks, Brent

Brent Sheppard
Grassmasters Property maintenance, LLC.
727-528-4809
E-Mail: greassmasters@tampabay.rr.com

ProCut TM
02-20-2010, 02:59 PM
I would like to attend. Did you say Wednesday Feb 24 in Clearwater. Could you please call or email me with the Time and place? Thanks, Brent

Brent Sheppard
Grassmasters Property maintenance, LLC.
727-528-4809
E-Mail: greassmasters@tampabay.rr.com

Brent, where do you operate? I mow mainly in the old northeast section of St Pete.

ok so Wed.24th might work for everyone, and if not we will push it to Sat.27th
We still need a good location picked out.

XtreemGreen
02-20-2010, 03:31 PM
No wood chipper..... sorry....

ProCut TM
02-20-2010, 04:53 PM
So we will have 4 companies in attendance as of right now.
Location is still open, I'm thinking somewhere on 60 (Gulf to Bay).
Someplace a bit reserved so it is not too loud and distracting.
Also someplace that is not too expensive.

There is a lot to choose from right at 60 & hwy19

mentordas
02-21-2010, 10:22 AM
So we will have 4 companies in attendance as of right now.
Location is still open, I'm thinking somewhere on 60 (Gulf to Bay).
Someplace a bit reserved so it is not too loud and distracting.
Also someplace that is not too expensive.

There is a lot to choose from right at 60 & hwy19

I would like to suggest:

Perkins
US 19 and Gulf to Bay.
http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/locations/search?zip=33762&x=29&y=15

Their prices are about average and they welcome meetings. You can reserve in advance.

I am OK with any time (9 AM to 9 PM) and day of the week including Saturdays & Sundays.

Regards, Brent

mentordas
02-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Brent, where do you operate? I mow mainly in the old northeast section of St Pete.

ok so Wed.24th might work for everyone, and if not we will push it to Sat.27th
We still need a good location picked out.

We just started a few months ago and so far we only have about 10 Customers. Mostly in Clearwater. A few in Gulfport. (When you are hungry, you take anything, no matter how far apart they are)

Regards, Brent

ProCut TM
02-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Perkins is ok with me.

I have a funny story involving that Perkins from when I was a kid.

ProCut TM
02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Time: 12 noon
Date: Wed 24th
(unless extreem gets called Tues. night to work Wed, then we will meet Sat 27th same time and location)

ProCut TM
02-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Chad is out for Wed. I'm trying to verify Sat. if he is not sure about it we will just do Wed. This needs to happen before we all get too busy. My work scheduled is getting full, and the high season will be here before we know it.

mentordas
02-23-2010, 08:54 AM
I'll be there!

Brent

ProCut TM
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM
WE are on for WED.
Perkins
NOON
us hwy 19 & 60

XtreemGreen
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
John, you have a blog on our site.. Make sure you take notes and post how everything went in there... If you can, get a group picture..You guys have fun... Sorry I couldnt be there..

ProCut TM
02-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Sitting in the Perkins parking lot waiting

Steve
02-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Yea! I'd love to see a group shot and hear how it went!

ProCut TM
02-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Can't get ahold of Brent the number he left is just getting a busy signal

ProCut TM
02-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Well it was just Kevin and I we had a good meeting, I wish Brent would have said he wasn't going to make it we could have eaten in St Pete.

A lot was discussed and afterwards I stop at my bank for a chat with the manager.

XtreemGreen
02-24-2010, 04:50 PM
That sucks... Guess we will have to plan another..

mentordas
02-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Well it was just Kevin and I we had a good meeting, I wish Brent would have said he wasn't going to make it we could have eaten in St Pete.

A lot was discussed and afterwards I stop at my bank for a chat with the manager.

Hello:

We went to Perkins US 19 and Gulf to bay and got there at exactly 12 noon. The maitre'D said there was no one there that was waiting for anyone else. So I walked around the restaurant asking people if they were there for the meeting, I mentioned Procut and Grass Cutting, no takers. so at 12:20 we left.

We really was looking forward to meeting with you all and needless to say we were disappointed.

We came from St. Petersburg as well, so if you plan another meeting you can make it in St. Petersburg.

Regards, Brent

PS: Where were you sitting?

XtreemGreen
02-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Hello:

We came from St. Petersburg as well, so if you plan another meeting you can make it in St. Petersburg.

I think a weekend day would have been better and planned for a date not soo close..

the next meet will depend on who will be there and where the majority will be coming from...

I think a Saturday picnic type at a park would be best for the next meet...

In the coming year, I hope to be offering discounted and free items from my forums...All updates will be over there...

ProCut TM
02-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Hello:

We went to Perkins US 19 and Gulf to bay and got there at exactly 12 noon. The maitre'D said there was no one there that was waiting for anyone else. So I walked around the restaurant asking people if they were there for the meeting, I mentioned Procut and Grass Cutting, no takers. so at 12:20 we left.

We really was looking forward to meeting with you all and needless to say we were disappointed.

Regards, Brent

PS: Where were you sitting?

I pulled in the parking lot at 11:42 and waited out there until 12:25 when Kevin showed up and we went in and ate. I was in a RED Lightning with ProCut magnets on the doors parked in the back corner. you phone number did not work I tried several times and only got a busy tone.

FloridaBoy
02-24-2010, 09:43 PM
This is what i get for not being consistent about visiting this site.

I would have loved to make this meeting. I am all the way over in polk county
but i think i would have maybe tried to make the drive over.

I agree about the fact of there not being to many Florida LCO's on this forum. Its time to spread the word and dominate, haha.

If you ever decide to plan another, or want some help planning another hit me up on here or e-mail me geoff@specialfxlawncare.com

ProCut TM
02-24-2010, 09:53 PM
This is what i get for not being consistent about visiting this site.

I would have loved to make this meeting. I am all the way over in polk county
but i think i would have maybe tried to make the drive over.

I agree about the fact of there not being to many Florida LCO's on this forum. Its time to spread the word and dominate, haha.

If you ever decide to plan another, or want some help planning another hit me up on here or e-mail me geoff@specialfxlawncare.com

let get the planning started for the next meet, maybe we could meet at the international plaza in Tampa if we are going to get some polk guys over here.

FloridaBoy
02-24-2010, 10:20 PM
For me its advanced planning, date and time.

I am not sure where that is your talking about but i will google it and find it.

I know we can't make everyone happy but a morning or breakfast meeting might work a little better, or a saturday?

Just throwing out some ideas.

ProCut TM
02-24-2010, 11:13 PM
For me its advanced planning, date and time.

I am not sure where that is your talking about but i will google it and find it.

I know we can't make everyone happy but a morning or breakfast meeting might work a little better, or a saturday?

Just throwing out some ideas.

weekday breakfast (before april when things start growing like crazy again that is) or late saturday lunch works for me.
I ride sat. mornings until 10 or noonish depending on how many miles we do.

lets work on a date that everyone can make in March.
I will find out what time they open the doors at the mall for the walkers we can meet in the food court.

mentordas
02-25-2010, 08:55 AM
We checked the parking lot for a vehicle with a "grass" sign, perhaps you were in a plain wrapper.

My cell phone is giving some trouble and I plan to get a new one today. Sorry!

As I said before, We (My Dad & I) are available at your convinence.

Next time we will make better contact arrangements.

Here is my contact information:

Brent Sheppard
Grassmasters Property Maintenance, LLC
4000 - 24th Street North, Unit # 1415
St. Petersburg, Fl
Cell: 727-557-9181
my Dad's cell: 727-488-0568
home ph: 727-525-4180
email: mentordas@tampabay.rr.com

ProCut TM
02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
We checked the parking lot for a vehicle with a "grass" sign, perhaps you were in a plain wrapper.

My cell phone is giving some trouble and I plan to get a new one today. Sorry!

As I said before, We (My Dad & I) are available at your convinence.

Next time we will make better contact arrangements.

Here is my contact information:

Brent Sheppard
Grassmasters Property Maintenance, LLC
4000 - 24th Street North, Unit # 1415
St. Petersburg, Fl
Cell: 727-557-9181
my Dad's cell: 727-488-0568
home ph: 727-525-4180
email: mentordas@tampabay.rr.com

I was park by myself in the back corner by the entrance in a bright red FORD Lightning with ProCut magnets on the doors. Sorry we did not see one another. I wanted to pick your brain about the LLC.

ProCut TM
02-28-2010, 11:23 PM
anyone want to get together this month?

mentordas
03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
anyone want to get together this month?

Yes, we will attend.

Mentordas

ProCut TM
03-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes, we will attend.

Mentordas what will you guys be driving so there are no mix ups this time. I felt bad that we did not meet up because of the phone errors and me know thinking to ask what you were driving. I will be in this
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/J_Lightning/sigL.jpg

FloridaBoy
03-11-2010, 10:58 PM
I have not visited the site in a few days.
Any news on the next meeting?
This has seemed to be harder to plan than expected.
DID I MISS ANYTHING, lol.:eek:

ProCut TM
03-12-2010, 12:26 AM
you have not missed anything I was busy this week, I have a ton of stuff going on right now. I don't know what everyone else is up to.

I would ben more than happy to meet up and talk shop. I have been working on a group health ins. plan, payroll, 401k, and s.corp

FloridaBoy
03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Lets just do it then, right now i have wednesday thru friday morning next week open ( 3/17, 3/18, 3/19 ) open.
I do have to be back in my town no later than 2:00 p.m.

Would someplace in Brandon, or 75 & 301, area work?
I live just a couple miles off 60 in polk county, so can come in that way.
or someplace off of I-4 on the other side of Plant city coming into Tampa.

Would like to get some of that pressure washer info from you also, that 401k info sounds interesting also.

FloridaBoy
03-12-2010, 02:04 PM
If we come up with a date , time and place we can just post it several times a day to keep it high on the new posts page.
Let people see it , if they make it than great, if not, oh well. haha

Steve
03-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Why not pick a date every month. Say for instance every month I will be eating at this restaurant on the first Saturday at noon. If anyone else can show up, then show up. If not, no sweat.

That way even if you go there and sit alone for a while, it's no biggie but you on the flip side, you would be building momentum for this and over time, more people will show up.

For the first gathering, try shooting to get 2 people there, you and someone else.

That would be a great start.

FloridaBoy
03-12-2010, 05:36 PM
That would be ideal, unfortunatly for the two of us that are kind of pushing this, we are about an hour to hour& half away from eachother.

I know i would be a little upset if i showed up every month and no one showed, lol

Theres always a hang up somewhere, haha.:D

ProCut TM
03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
plus when the season takes off at full speed there is not a lot of planned free time as the weather will push your schedule around.

We could meet up at the Brandon Hooters on 60 or the Winghouse right off 4+301. or maybe the HardRock not sure what kind of meeting place they have though as I've never been there, I know they don't have a HRcafe there.

I have to check my schedule to see what day would be best for me, I'm sure Kevin would come too.

hawthornelawncare
10-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Hi there are you guys still having your meetings? I am over in st.pete fl and started my buisness this year and looking for fellow lawn care professionals to get pointers from and info.

Hawthorne LawnCare and Landscaping
727-485-8265
Christopher Hawthorne
hawthorne@hawthornelawncare.com

JL ProCut
12-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Haven't met up lately. I'm just starting to heal up from a very bad bicycling accident. I've been subbing out my work to a friend, hoping to be back on the mower no later than Feb. 1st

hawthornelawncare
12-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Haven't met up lately. I'm just starting to heal up from a very bad bicycling accident. I've been subbing out my work to a friend, hoping to be back on the mower no later than Feb. 1st

hope you are healing well. sorry to hear about bicycle accident. Let me know if you are still doing the meet up thing. I have been trying to find local guys to get togethar with and brain storm with and learn from. Im in my first year of buisness. So i know its gonna be tough. I feel talking and networking with fellow lawn maintnance and landscapers is a great thing to do. Its not about stealing clients but to better the industry. Keep me informed. Again hope you are healing well and back on your mower in no time.

JL ProCut
12-31-2010, 01:51 PM
hope you are healing well. sorry to hear about bicycle accident. Let me know if you are still doing the meet up thing. I have been trying to find local guys to get togethar with and brain storm with and learn from. Im in my first year of buisness. So i know its gonna be tough. I feel talking and networking with fellow lawn maintnance and landscapers is a great thing to do. Its not about stealing clients but to better the industry. Keep me informed. Again hope you are healing well and back on your mower in no time.

it will be tough, there is a lot of competition, but there is plenty of work for us all. Just don't be a low baller there is no reason for it.
I would like to set up a meet up for sometime in Jan.

Steve
12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm just starting to heal up from a very bad bicycling accident

What happened? I hope you are feeling better soon!

hawthornelawncare
01-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Hi everyone. Im looking to get togethar with some fellow landscapers and lawn guys in the pinellas and hillsbrough counties. Would like to meet up for lunch somewhere and just talk and share things. Maybe talk about some topics and such. If your interested shoot me an email and lets work something out and make something happen.

Hawthorne LawnCare and Landscaping
hawthorne@hawthornelawncare.com
christopher hawthorne owner

JL ProCut
01-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm down for lunch might be able to round up a few others

what do you think about this Friday 1/14/11 around noon
maybe Penera bread in the park place mall right off 19

Steve
01-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Take some pictures! I'd love to see them! Maybe even post it on craigslist? Others might find it there as well.