PDA

View Full Version : Super Surfer pros and cons???

Recyellow
02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I am wanting to start in the lawn care business this year and wanted to see how the pros on here feel about the Great Dane Surfers.
I dont mind to stand up if it gets the job done.
I am looking a 52" super surfer, what do you guys think?

ProCut TM
02-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Do a search there is a lot of good info on this subject.
I researched it when I was in the market and decided to go with the Wright Stander.
I'm very happy with it.

I think I remember reading the surfer was not as good on inclines.

Recyellow
02-12-2010, 10:29 PM
What about stand ups opposed to riding mowers?

ProCut TM
02-13-2010, 12:21 AM
stander:
+ better on inclines, because you can move your weight around. smaller foot, print takes up less room on trailer and can fit in smaller places.
- can be bad on knees
sit down Z:
+ better on knees.
- can be bad on back.

Steve
02-13-2010, 05:31 AM
I researched it when I was in the market and decided to go with the Wright Stander.

What made you ultimately decide to go with that one?

ProCut TM
02-13-2010, 07:15 AM
What made you ultimately decide to go with that one?

from what I read on this board the Wright is the superior machine.
I physically look at the Gravely and the Wright and read about the surfer on here. I came to the conclusion that everyone was right about the Wright. I love my 52 and plan on buying a 32 once the 52 is paid off

Recyellow
02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I have not ultimately set my mind to this mower, wanted to see what you guys thought about it. I have looked at this mower and found a great deal on a used one with only 13 hours on it. I can get it fo half the price as a new one, and it still looks brand new.
Are they fast mowers, acres per hour?
Is it hard standing on them for a while?

Steve
02-13-2010, 03:54 PM
It would be interesting if you could try it out and see how you like the feel of it.

Recyellow
02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Anyone else have an opinion on the stand up mowers like the super surfer? Is it hard on you to stand up all day riding these?

ProCut TM
02-16-2010, 03:27 PM
I have bad knees and it doesn't bother me to run a stander