PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Shutting Down

swstout
02-12-2010, 06:36 PM
We are having a snowstorm here is South Carolina. Events being canceled left and right. Today so far we have had sunny sky in the morning, rain at noon freezing rain at 2 and now snow. Road conditions getting bad. They don't have many snow plows here.

We are supposed to get another 3" by midnight and 2-3 more by morning.

I received my electric bill today. $381.12! My average air conditioning bill runs about $85.00 per month. On my bill they had conditions posted. Average daily temp for January 2009 was 56. For January 2010 was 44. So much for The Global Warming Farce!

Since 4:00 we have accumulated 1 inch per hour, so we will probably get more than they were forecasting at 4:00.

Steve

XtreemGreen
02-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Wow!!! Down here our electric bill about doubled also...Were not getting snow, but its cold..

Stay safe and Stay warm Steve..

picframer
02-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Mother nature is proving to be interesting, I saw the snow you folks are receiving and I couldn't believe Texas, meanwhile this has been one of the mildest Jan/Feb I have seen, we have snow but not a fraction of what we normally get.

I was watching the Olympics in Vancouver, hard to believe they had to fly snow in, I have skied there in October when there was a good 4 to 5 feet of snow at Whistler, this year nothing and it doesn't look good for them over the next few days.

Anyhow stay inside and stay warm, as for electric bills, my neighbour who heats with electricity was telling me his last bill was $969.00, I heat with wood and my bill is generally in the $375.00 range, pretty steep but what do you do.

Steve
02-13-2010, 06:41 AM
I was wondering, do they have natural gas in your area too? Would that help lower the heating costs?

picframer
02-13-2010, 01:29 PM
I was wondering, do they have natural gas in your area too? Would that help lower the heating costs?

We have more Natural gas than any other country in the world, one of the largest wells is just off shore from my house however it is only used for some commercial applications, most of it is delivered via pipeline to the states, Canada actually supplies most of your gas and Natural gas.

I had Natural gas in Calgary, I would love to have it here.

XtreemGreen
02-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Propane is on the uprise down here.. I know because I install the line and in-ground tanks..
People here are going with tankless water heaters(no wait for the water to get hot), Gas dryers, gas fireplace etc...

Steve
02-14-2010, 07:03 AM
What's the difference between natural gas and propane?