PDA

View Full Version : Down Time

picframer
02-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Just curious what you guys do during your down time, we haven't had near as much snow this year as we normally see, I have been doing my wood crafts but I find my heart isn't really in it, just want to be working outside again, finding it very hard to stay focused in the shop.

So I was wondering today, what do you guys do?

We have a season of 4 1/2 months +/- where we can't really do a lot outside.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
...in AZ we have our bremuda grass to take care of during the summer and rye grass durning the winter though not everyone does the rye especially in this economy lots of dead grass this year, well dormant.

Steve
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
You know, I haven't done this yet, but I have been wanting to learn how to make furniture. I think it would be so much fun to do especially if the project took a little while to make.

ProCut TM
02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
No real down time in FL it just goes to bi-weekly and you fill in with side work that you can't take on during the high season.

When I lived in NJ I would take the winters off to travel. I still lived at home then, my only responsibility was the truck and insurance payments (life was easier then).

XtreemGreen
02-11-2010, 09:53 PM
What he said /\ /\ /\ except the NJ stuff..

During the off weeks, I usually tinker in my garage with my equipment..I love mig welding so I usually find stuff to either repair or add to my mower..

lawncrafter56
02-14-2010, 08:47 PM
toolcaten around. The coolest snow mover ever. Having so much fun with it. One of the most well balanced & quickest machines I have ever run.