PDA

View Full Version : Mean Green now in the forum

meangreenman
02-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi, my name is Austin I am 22 years old and live in Jacksonville, Fl. I have been wanting to own my own business since I was very young and found that lawn care is really what I would enjoy doing. I tried to go into business two times previously but failed miserably, due to lack of education in the field and lack of motivation. I have revamped my lifestyle, saved the money, and have begun educating myself in the business. Just last month I got my company registered, Mean Green Lawn Care, LLC and I am hoping to learn as much as I can here in the forum!

Steve
02-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi Austin!

Welcome to our forum!

I tried to go into business two times previously but failed miserably, due to lack of education in the field and lack of motivation.

Very interesting! I bet a lot of our readers can relate.

Can you tell us a little about your previous experiences trying to get your business started? What did you find were the biggest hurdles? What do you think you learned from those experiences?

meangreenman
02-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Well the first and most important hurdle I had to overcome was learning how to operate the business. I knew how to cut a lawn and plant plants and mulch etc. because I had been doing that for family nearly all of my life. The problem was that I didn't know how to run the business side of the company. I didn't think to upsell anything to the customer. I did not know how to market or use my time efficiently. But from these experiences I learned that in order for me to succeed in this or any endeavor I have to be dedicated one hundred percent to my goals. I have to focus and educate myself so that I have the tools necessary to run a fully functional lawn care business!!

Steve
02-13-2010, 07:06 AM
The problem was that I didn't know how to run the business side of the company.

I think this is a problem many new business owners run into. Can you tell us a little about what these things were that you needed to learn and how you did that?