PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch capt dies!

Steve
02-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Capt. Phil Harris of the show Deadliest Catch died of a stroke. Damn! I like that show a lot and I liked him.

If you can do anything, STOP SMOKING! When I watched that show and watched his failing health, I would constantly see a cigarette in his mouth. It's such a shame.

‘Deadliest Catch’ captain dies (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35324568/ns/entertainment-reality_tv/) - Harris suffered a massive stroke on Jan. 29, his family says.

http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/80/40/0000048040_20080411125951.jpg

ProCut TM
02-10-2010, 06:47 AM
most people will never quit smoking, they think it is their right.

I personally don't smoke and won't hire smokers either.

The Cleaning Doctor
02-10-2010, 07:04 AM
It is sad that he can not watch his boys grow and continue to mature.

Steve
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
What did you all think of the show? Did you like it? Do you still watch it?

XtreemGreen
02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
The show is great and I watch it when I remember.. Its sad to see him gone now..

I am a smoker and over the years, Ive seen it grow into a huge part on how people judge you..

Ive seen first hand what smoking can do to you..

My Dad \/\/\/ below died of pancriatic cancer due to smoking and drinking..

My Step Dad had throat cancer and had his voice box removed..Niow he has a hole in his throat and pushes a plastic piece that snaps into that hole in order to talk..the cancer came back 3 times and He's beat it 3 times..

Thats all for now

The Cleaning Doctor
02-10-2010, 09:55 PM
I love the show. Especially since I have met many of the old hands in person when I was working in Dutch Harbor. I spent 6 years there and watched these guys come in and out in all kinds of weather. You would not catch me on one of those things. I have seen them come in covered with ice and have windows blown out of the wheel house.

Dugann
02-11-2010, 05:33 AM
/salute to Capt. Phil, my thought go out to his boys. I love show. Phil and Sig was my favorite two Captains. I hate to hear that about the guy.

Steve
02-11-2010, 08:53 AM
I read he was only 53 too! Such a shame!

Especially since I have met many of the old hands in person when I was working in Dutch Harbor.

WOW that must have been an amazing experience! Do any stories stand out from your time there?