PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper

picframer
02-09-2010, 05:18 PM
We speak a lot of marketing our company and I have posted I limit newspaper type advertisements to the local paper we do most of our work in, I found this ad today which is the one we ran all summer, we offer a lot more than posted however tree cutting and chipping was huge for us in this area followed by excavation. I will start running again in April but will add Organic Lawn Sprays and see how that goes as we do a lot of spraying in this area also.

I guess the key I have learned over the years is people remember images thus I put our logo in fairly large, we receive comments on a regular basis, I saw your picture in the paper, they remember the image but not always the company name.

I think this would work well with the peel and stick another poster tried but the timing would have to be right, for me it would be latter in April.

ProCut TM
02-09-2010, 06:56 PM
very unique logo
I LIKE IT!

Steve
02-10-2010, 04:45 AM
Ah yes I'd have to agree the image catches your eye and you have to look at it to see what it is.

With such an ad, what size is it run? Also is there a section you like to place the ad? Can you put such an ad in a classifieds section?

picframer
02-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Ah yes I'd have to agree the image catches your eye and you have to look at it to see what it is.

With such an ad, what size is it run? Also is there a section you like to place the ad? Can you put such an ad in a classifieds section?

It is a normal business card size ad, it runs twice a month in the business classifieds and costs $230.00 a month, I run it from April to October, I have one for the spring to target chipping, driveway repair, clean up and spraying. Summer is this ad although we will add spraying to it, fall is leaf collection added.

A girl I worked with in Africa did the logo, she still works for a company I used to in Africa, we stay in touch and she is really good at graphic work. Kids love it which brings the parents over and people seem to remember it.

Steve
02-10-2010, 05:11 PM
That is very interesting! Are there any other ads in the classifieds section that are graphic ads like yours? Or are they all text ads?

If they are all text ads, this would help you stand out even further!

picframer
02-10-2010, 05:41 PM
That is very interesting! Are there any other ads in the classifieds section that are graphic ads like yours? Or are they all text ads?

If they are all text ads, this would help you stand out even further!

All but one are text and the other one that has a logo, well it isn't a logo that one would remember and is poorly done.