PDA

View Full Version : Great idea from a newbie!

Frank Rizzo
02-08-2010, 07:27 PM
just got started in the lawn business and I'm starting to ramp up getting my name out in the area for Spring.

I went looking for a lawn care business card template and I found a place that has loads of them, all really cool ones too! I only paid 19.85 for 100 cards to start and it included back of the card printing too!

http://www.zazzle.com/luckyturtle/business_cards/lawn

Just thought I'd share this with anyone who is also new or looking for a new business card to refresh your look or ? I hope business is well for everyone and I look forward to learning as much as I can from those more experienced.

Have a great night everyone!
Frank

picframer
02-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Might want to look at www.vistaprint.com as you can upload your own designs also, around $17.50 for 500

Frank Rizzo
02-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks for pointing out the vista print option. I have two other business people I know that ordered cards from there. One of them told me they got hooked into a monthly service he did not even order on that site! This through a "check box" that is checked off by default that you MUST uncheck if you do not want that service. I personally think that's a bit sneaky but, to each their own.

Also: I do not trust sites that sell their business cards for so cheap, it's cheaper than the cost to actually print the cards in some cases. Some of those sites that post crazy prices like 500 cards for 5 bucks or something in some cases (from what I'm told by others knowledgeable about this) just want your business and personal info so they can sell it to "list brokers" who resell your info to advertisers / spammers/ etc. etc. Believe me you don't want to get onto one of those lists! :)

Again, thanks for the tip but I'll stick with reordering my cards on that zazzle.com/luckyturtle site that has the lawn care business cards.

Night,
Frank

Steve
02-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Hi Mark,

What got you interesting in starting your own lawn care business?

You know you can promote your site here in your signature line if you want. I don't mind. You could also offer your design services to the members, they are always looking for graphic design help.

CHEESE2009
02-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I got 1000 cards for $100.00 from Vista print. Might be because I buy from them regularly?

ProCut TM
02-09-2010, 05:29 PM
killer deals on cards and such
Ellen Morgan
www.top-dogmarketing.com
800-339-6620

also talk to Gene at www.cheapyardsignss.com for great deals on yard signs

www.logomaker.com too

http://www.4imprint.com/ good deals on pens, people love pens. they get used cards get throw out in most cases