PDA

View Full Version : my postcard and logo success

whackbag
02-08-2010, 09:08 AM
here is my new post card flyer that has a spot for the price. this technique has done very well for me over the yearshttp://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2065&stc=1&d=1265637577

Steve
02-09-2010, 04:18 AM
Welcome to our forum!

here is my new post card flyer

When you say postcard flyer, can you tell us what you mean by that? What kind of paper do you print it out on? Flyer paper or more stiffer postcard stock?

Also, how do you distribute them?

CHEESE2009
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
What are the chances of the customers not being satisfied?

What is satisfaction to them?

As your customer, I would feel safe with you. A business man who is offering to do his work for free if I am unsatisfied, it must mean he'll do a great job.

Though every now & then, you'll bump into the wrong person, & it will annoy you.

Instead of offering it for free if they aren't satisfied, why not, "If you are unsatisfied, we will give you $XX.00 off our next visit" or a discount on any other service you offer.

Once you give them their money back, that's it, you will never be hired by that person again.

If you offer them something else to hire you for, you can redeem yourself & continue doing business with them.

Steve
02-10-2010, 04:49 AM
That is a very interesting point. Offering to resolve any issues that occur, but from a marketing stand point, I would figure nothing catches someones eye like 'satisfaction guaranteed or free.'

It would be interesting to experiment with that kind of marketing.

whackbag
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
That is a very interesting point. Offering to resolve any issues that occur, but from a marketing stand point, I would figure nothing catches someones eye like 'satisfaction guaranteed or free.'

It would be interesting to experiment with that kind of marketing.

Hey guys great forum you have here by the way. The flyers that i use are all 5x7 photo paper really high gloss. They really do work for me. I have been door knocking and passing them out myself. My website has only been up 1 month and i have already had over 1000 hits. I am not really worried about someone taking advantage of my free guarantee, because it will help me weed out the problem customers. I do have a great advantage though because my 2 past employers over the last 10 years have been weedman and greenlawn...so i pretty well know what the heck not to do, and who pays for lawn care. Also to let you know at the dollar store i can get 20 5x7 for $1 and ink for my printer is $8 at liquidation world, to print 1000 postcards it costs me about 60 bucks. keep up the great work guys!

ProCut TM
02-11-2010, 01:49 AM
I need to check my local dollar store for 5x7 glossy

Steve
02-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I do have a great advantage though because my 2 past employers over the last 10 years have been weedman and greenlawn...so i pretty well know what the heck not to do, and who pays for lawn care.

Very fascinating!

What kinds of things stand out in your mind as what not to do?

Leon
02-15-2010, 11:28 PM
I love handing out post card, you can past them out very fast. They are a great way you to get people talking, and they are harder for the customer to toss them away. You should upload them to and online printing company and have them printed you can get 5,000 for around $150. I pay $139 fullcolor twosided.

Steve
02-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Leon,

How many different post cards do you keep with you? When do you find it best to hand them out?

whackbag
02-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah that sounds great what website do you use to get that many post cards for that cheap? I live in canada and always find that when i order that many of anything the shipping is like $75.. I usually wait for an estimate generated from the internet and then i plug the area with about 250 postcards. For me it's time consuming because i write the price on the post card, as well as write down the address and generate a customer number at every house i drop one at. The good thing is that i use google to map out my day and have the streetnames already written, o all i have to do is write the customer number and house number and price. The real pain in the *** is when I get home i plug every customer number into a database with address and price quoted, so if the person calls i just need there name...pretty time consuming stuff, but it helps me keep track of every single flyer one by one!

Leon
02-17-2010, 12:40 AM
I have a print company about 15mins from my home. I got the number from one of their roadside signs. www.exceptionaladvertising.com. I keep about 300 postcards in my truck in a shoe box. I have about 5 design ready to go. I like to design flyers, hey steve I got this one off here.

Steve
02-17-2010, 10:54 AM
That is a very nice design!

I usually wait for an estimate generated from the internet and then i plug the area with about 250 postcards.

Do you keep track of what % of those customers contacted get back in touch with you?